hooking all my stuff together.(cable help)

amp27

Daemon Poster
so i got all my stuff at this one place and i am trying to hook it al together.

WAIT. before you think that i am just a noob taking things apart i am not.

i am looking to buy cables.

what i am all trying to do:

first my goal.......run my tv and my monitor together. they will show the same thing. just 2 views. and all my audio will be run though my aux on my stero.(left/right, red/white. that might be backwards)
all my audio includs my xbox,any mini jack mp3 or somwthing, and my computer audio.
i am going to have a wire keyboard and mouse on my desk. and i also will have a wireless keyboard and mouse for viewing the tv. can i run two of these. one being pluged into the standered inputs and the wireless in a usd port.
__________ -______________ __________- -____
the tv: so i have this vcard.

it has s-vidio and a composite adapter. my tv only has the yellow composite one. can i just hook up the cable from vcard to tv port. or is it not that easy?
i want them both showing the same thing at once and both on at one.
___ ________ _ _ _ _________ _________
as for the audio i think i got all of it down to earth in my mind. i have all that done.
_________ _ _____ _______-- ______________--
i also and in the markert for a wire less pci card. i have a 54Mbps wireless router. will this card work. i am running win2kpro

this is more of a "will it all work thread" then a "what do i need thread"

ok as far as all your audio goes trying to run it all from 1 audio source i sugges getting a cheap DJ mixer,

the video card you wont be able to run dual monitors aswell as run a tv off it i believe max supported monitors for that is 2 also is this a new build ??? then get a PCI X16 card not AGP,

and you can run a wireless keyobard and mouse alongside normal ones

first my goal.......run my tv and my monitor together. they will show the same thing. just 2 views. and all my audio will be run though my aux on my stero.(left/right, red/white. that might be backwards)
all my audio includs my xbox,any mini jack mp3 or somwthing, and my computer audio.

Simple,just get an AV Switch,and use that to control the input into your stereo.

i am going to have a wire keyboard and mouse on my desk. and i also will have a wireless keyboard and mouse for viewing the tv. can i run two of these. one being pluged into the standered inputs and the wireless in a usd port.

Technically you can run 2 at the same time BUT,You cant have 1 set of keyboard and mice for one monitor,and then another for another screen,just cant work that way.

it has s-vidio and a composite adapter. my tv only has the yellow composite one. can i just hook up the cable from vcard to tv port. or is it not that easy?
i want them both showing the same thing at once and both on at one.

Hooking it up that way is no problems,Im a little confused at your second question there,care to explain a bit more?

i also and in the markert for a wire less pci card. i have a 54Mbps wireless router. will this card work. i am running win2kpro

Try to get a more brand name wifi card,Like this one.

also if i run daul monitors and a tv all at once. its this going to work?

For that card,2 max.

Technically you can run 2 at the same time BUT,You cant have 1 set of keyboard and mice for one monitor,and then another for another screen,just cant work that way.

i dont need them to work like that. they can for both screens.

ill have one computer. and two veiwing spots. keyboa. and mice can do the same thing. the tv and screen well be the same as in what they show.

For that card,2 max.

so i can ran one tv and one monitor.

and as for audio. i got these y adapters. so i will be turning 1 set of RCA's to 3 sets. 4 adapters total. 2 for each plug. i am sure i can do that. then i could have my computer,xbox,mp3 playing at the same time.

that should work right?

and as for audio. i got these y adapters. so i will be turning 1 set of RCA's to 3 sets. 4 adapters total. 2 for each plug. i am sure i can do that. then i could have my computer,xbox,mp3 playing at the same time.

Im not sure wether that would work or not,How would you switch between them?

And a TV and your Monitor will be fine running together.

do i need to have a switch. i dont realy care
i just dont want to have to got behide my shelf to chang audio.

so i can just plug my tv into my video card and hit tv-video on the remote and it will take in the video from my computer like it does my xbox. sweet! how do you no that. i would like to learn.

do i need to have a switch. i dont realy could i just dont want to have to got behide my self to chang audio.
Yeah that would work.

so i can just plug my tv into my video card and hit tv-video on the remote and it will take in the video from my computer like it does my xbox. sweet! how do you no that. i would like to learn.
Most of the time its just,plug in one end of the cable into your graphics card,and then the other end into you TV,and it should work.

Im Talkig from experience,im running my stereo,through an AV Switch,Running to my MP3 player and my Computer,and all i do if flick a switch to change the source,About the graphics card,i have also hooked a TV up to my graphics card (To watch some movies[my old graphics card]).

so is their a way you know my card can only host 2 screens? and not 3? if i learn i will be able to know the next time i buy a card, if it can do 1,2,or 3 at a time.

Back
Top Bottom