Throwing an idea out there.

Hooray for political correctness :p The correct definition of a "kid" is a baby goat and not a human child anyway :D

I personally dislike the word "mate", regardless of who it comes from. I really don't like being called "mate" by any of my real friends either.

"Hey mate", "It's over there mate"

95% of the time you don't know who you're talking to, so how can you call them "mate"? A "mate" would imply being friends at the very least. It's also used to be rude and condescending:

"I'm better at <insert activity> than you, mate."

Fucking stupid, chavvy word, it should be banned. It's even worse on forums when you ask a question and somebody answers or responds to one of your other posts with the word "mate" tacked on the end.

If I was still modding here I'd ban people for doing it repeatedly.

Depends where you live. In Australia it is almost mandatory to call people mate.

haha, yea that could work. anything apart from kids. it just when people used to call me a kid i got offended as i thought it meant they were better than me, which wasnt always the case.
as i said im wierd. i just dont like the word kids much, only on rare occasions :p

I'm 55 so to me all of you are kids. Not in a bad way or meant to be derogatory to any of you. In some cases it's used as a term just show when the speaker is older that the one being spoken to.

That's too big of an age category. If we had 10-15, 16-20, 25-30, etc. I would guess 16-20. I'd also like to know where the majority is from.

David should just make a "Interesting Facts from CF" page, and we can post these little random things. Like how we have like a 30:1 guy/girl ratio.

Back
Top Bottom