Laptop is destroyed?

Schmidt19891

Solid State Member
First off, my laptop was running so slowly it froze every 10 minutes, and I could do anything, even connect to the internet. I think the problem was me changin some automatic applications to disabled, and shutting off a few start up programs. So i take off the battery (the power button and sleepbutton did nothing) and put it back on and start the computer. It wouldnt start at all, something about an error that it couldnt find windows. So i was like, fine, clean reinstall, no big deal. Now I Cannot install Vista Business (which is what it initially had on it) or Vista Home (from my home PC) because it says it could not assign a drive letter to a partition on disk0. The specified partition does not exist on the target disk. The error occured while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x80300002.

Any help on how to reinstall or just fix my laptop?

There should be an option to format the drive from within the Vista installation. I don't know this for sure because I've never installed Vista, but thats the way it was with XP. If it doesn't, you could always burn a copy of partition magic to a cd and use that to format the drive and partition it if you wish.

Ok, I have it formatted, but it still wont let me install on the blank drive. It says windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its installation criteria.

Yeah make sure you wipe everything off the harddrive. Windows, at least in my experience, hates doing a dual boot, so you may have not taken all of the old OS off the harddrive.

UPDATE: The drive is okay to install on, but it says it cannot partition it, error code 0x80010105. Any help with this one?

UPDATE2: The new error code is 0x80042453. Im not sure why it gave me th first error code to begin with...

Ok heres what its doing now. It cannot find the hard drive at all. Neither can my BIOS. Is my HD destroyed? I didnt even do anything and have only had the laptop for like 7 months.

Back
Top Bottom