ughh more problems

BamaFan29891

In Runtime
hey guys, i just had vista home premium on my laptop...

i formatted it today, and was going to install vista ultimate on it.

few problems here...

when i tried to install vista ultimate it would hang on the "completing installation part" so i tried to tone down the bios, and i pretty much disabled everything except what i needed, but it still didn't work, and if it did restart sometimes it would show a bsod.

when i tried home premium it went to the screen where it said "please wait while windows trys to start up for the first time" but then it would go back to "completing installation" and hang again.

then i tried windows xp pro, and when i did this setup it told me it didn't find any hdds, and to make srue they were connected and what not.

so i would really try to get ultimate working, if you can help.

if you are lost on that, maybe we can get xp pro working.

forget about home premium :p

Ok, maybe your bios is set wrong, ok, look for something like ACHI, I think and ATA will be next to it, well I think your harddrive is set to ACPHI, or something like that, try setting it to ATA adn tell me if this works.

I think it should do, but its somewhere in BIOS

no i ment AHCI which is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Host_Controller_Interface

see :)

yer i just found this also,

* Enabling AHCI in a system BIOS will cause a 0x7B Blue Screen of Death STOP error (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) on installations of Windows XP where AHCI/RAID drivers for that system's chipset are not installed. Switching to AHCI mode requires installing new drivers before changing the BIOS settings.
* For Intel chipsets (for example, Intel ICH9) drivers are available from either an OEM board or computer manufacturer. For the Intel versions, the driver must be loaded before loading the OS (by pressing F6 as setup starts).The Intel drivers will work for both XP and Vista. Also, in the case of ICH9, an unsupported method to enable AHCI on ICH9 is available.
* When attempting to install Microsoft Windows XP or a previous version on an AHCI-enabled system will cause the setup to fail with the error message "set up could not detect hard disk drive...". This problem can only be corrected by either using a floppy disk with the appropriate drivers, by slipstreaming the appropriate drivers into the Windows XP installation CD or by turning on IDE emulation in the BIOS settings if available.
* Enabling AHCI in a system BIOS with Windows Vista already installed will result in a BSoD if SATA has been running in IDE mode during Vista's installation. Before enabling AHCI in the BIOS, users must first follow the instructions found at Microsoft Knowledge Base article 922976.
* Enabling AHCI in a system BIOS on installations of Windows XP or Windows Vista will cause SATA Optical drives to disappear. A Hotfix for Windows Vista is available under the title: "SATA optical drives are not available after you start a Windows Vista-based computer."[4] This problem is also fixed in Vista SP1.

Back
Top Bottom