Mice: Laser or Optical?

I had a laser mouse (Logitech MX Revolution) that I sold with my desktop and I really liked it. Basically because of all the extra buttons. I have a Logitech V320 laptop mouse now and it's optical. The MX Revolution was a little challenging to point sometimes because the pointer moved twice as fast in one direction as it did in the other direction. Another difference from laser to optical that I noticed, I have a black desktop and the optical mouse will not move right on the black surface so I have to use a mousepad, whereas the laser didn't have a problem with it. I would say get a laser just for the fact that it probably won't have a problem with any surface that you are using it on.

Am I the last person one earth who still likes the feel of a trackball :)

Trackball as in those ones with a huge ball that you move around instead of moving the mouse itself? Or are you talking about the ancient ball mice that use the ball inside the mouse?

Trackball as in those ones with a huge ball that you move around instead of moving the mouse itself? Or are you talking about the ancient ball mice that use the ball inside the mouse?

The ancient ones with the ball inside :)

Back
Top Bottom