Trying to get a game to work on VISTA

P1kARaT

Solid State Member
Hi;
I bought Agatha Christie Evil under the sun a while back when I had Windows Xp and now I have a VISTA. The game shows the autorun, but will not install the game. I have directx 9 and min. requirments (the box says that it also plays on VISTA as well) I had the same problems with Microsoft Office as well.

I have heard that it has something to do with the settings on your computer, but I am not really sure what that means.

As for office, if you don't have Office '03 or '07 it will not work on vista.

It says on the box that it willwork under vista. It says 2000/XP/Vista
I have no idea on how to check what my CPU is.

as was previously stated if your pc has an amd processor and is running vista this game will not run

It says on the box that it willwork under vista. It says 2000/XP/Vista
I have no idea on how to check what my CPU is.

Go to the start menu,and in the search box there,type in 'dxdiag',and you will find it in the list that pop's up.If a box comes up,just click no.

When programmers go and design applications they program them for specific processors. Intel has always been the big dog, in the processor market. AMD came along and in order to gain market share, they have to try to be somewhast compatible with Intel programming. Unfortunately in some processor intensive applications and under a operating system that should still be in alpha, it will sometimes crash.

I have never had any problems with AMD CPU's,And i do alot of CPU Intensive tasks (DVD Ripping,converting,Occasional 3d modelling and rendering etc etc)

Back
Top Bottom