new laptop: need advice

i heard somewhere you can disable turbo cache but im abit dubious so i think i'll keep it as it is.
btw your rig looks pretty good make sure you tell us how far you manage to push it ie games wise.
the game i tried to play incase you was wondering is a game called 1nsane or insane as it says on the website it's meant for windows 95b and above even windows 2000 but it didnt mention xp oh well nevermind.

im sure your laptop can handle more than that :p
im just pleased as ive never had a pc good enough to game on. when i first got my desktop it was ok, ran san andreas, rollercoaster tycoon3, may payne, etc, but they all didnt run great (apart from max payne).
i guess thats why i spent so much time choosing the right laptop

is san andreas that good a game ive played the original gta but not sa i even played the london version of it the special edition.

congrats dude, i can't keep off mine myself, im gonna try playing pirates of the carribean on high settings cos i tried it on med yesterday and it was fine if it's jerky i'll put it back to med :)

havent tried many games on it though ive just used the internet on it mainly.

i was like a little kid when the white van pulled up and i got my laptop :D
it sucks that theres no headphones with it like i thought .. but apart from that its great.
See the pics in the review section ftw ;)

i too also got a new laptop a few days ago
it is quite the upgrade from my old one

heres a lil comparison for ya

old craptop

p2 300mhz
128mb ram
ati rage mobility 8 mb video
6gb HDD
windows xp lite

NEW laptop
Intel centrino core2 duo t5500
3GB ram
250GB HDD
Intel gma x3100 video
and it comes with a media center remote too

The model is HP Pavilion dv6700

I think your new laptop still pwns the crap outta mine though :0

lol yea mine still pwns yours, but that is a nice upgrade :)
im just glad i can game on this, as i dont have a ps3, 360, wii, etc

but i can game on this too
gta san andreas, nfs mw, and i can run crysis on low-med 800-600 and get about 15fps lol

Back
Top Bottom