Windows Server 2003

sherwood

In Runtime
I am currently thinking of using Windows Server 2003 on my computer so I can use it as a home server. When I have installed Windows Server 2003 I wanted to no whether it would let me use my normall applications like Drameweaver, Premier Pro, PhotoShop and any other day to day applications? Because if it does not let me do that then I will proberly not get it.

yes it does. im using it right now :)
got cs2, dreamweaver, etc installed fine

Ah right good. And also what would you say is better to run for a home server on an older pc,
1. Windows server 2003
2. Windows homer server.

As my pc is not the most updated computer and I don't want to give it to much to handle.

server 03.
home server is newer and obv requires a better pc.
server 03 is still pretty good and it works great for me

no probs. cheers :)
ive been running server 03 as my main os for a month or so and its great .. well antivirus and firewalls are hard to find for free :(

you have to pay for avg (free one doesnt work :(
its even worse on enterprise edition (what i have). these os's are meant for businesses though tbh, so free software is harder to get. although everything else is ok

standard edition seems to run a lot more antiviruses and firewalls than the enterprise (as thats like the top edition, you have to pay for licenses, and even downloaded copies of antiviruses are hard to come by).
ull be ok

Back
Top Bottom