Need ideas

Ð88

Fully Optimized
I need some help if someone can give it to me. My roommate is continually leaving lights on all over the house. I wake up in the morning and walk out of a dark room only to be blinded by light which sucks, not to mention all the electricity she is using. Any idea on how I could get her to stop? I'm thinking pranks or something that would be equally annoying but something that will get her to clue in why I'm doing it lol. :D

yeah pranks are going to do nothing... make sure you just tell her straight up that she needs to not be wasting the energy...

Does she pay for the electric bill? If she doesn't already make her pay for half and tell to turn the lights off cause she's wasting her own money.

Start leaving the water on.

lol, jk. Yeah, talk to her. Tell her that if she wants to do that she can. Then tell her you'll pay for the water and she can pay for the energy.

She needs to learn not to. Simple as that. It becomes a habit over time, and like I do, she'll probably start checking before going to bed.
I check all lights/electricity switches that can be turned off safetly etc as a precaution every night, as I'm usually the last one in bed.

You could also get automatic light switches when no ones in the room, but that would become expensive...

I guess I should explain a little about what she is like because talking to her will probably do nothing. She is immature. If I told her to stop she would likely do it more often and more extreme.

For one, she's already not talking to me. I don't know for sure why but I can only still assume it's because about a month ago (seriously) it was about 3:30am and we had all just got back home from the bar. Everything was fine as it was just a couple of her friends staying the night (a guy and a girl). No problem. Then out of no where all these people start showing up at my house (a bunch of guys) and they just start walking in without knocking or anything. I don't know most of them and I had never seen most of them before. I'm not too pissed off yet at this point, i'm still up just playing guitar hero or something and cooking chicken wings so I walk over to my porch to see who all these people are and I say to the one guy "what's going on?" in just a 'what's up' kind of way. He looks at me and is just like "nuthin'" in a quick voice and just goes into my basement. I'm like, wtf? So I go downstairs and theres all these guys and like 2 girls in my basement (like 10 guys 2 girls). Not a good ratio, and I'm not having it. So I basically told them to GTFO. I wasn't as blunt as that but I didnt put it much nicer either.

Anyways, since then she has barely spoken to me and she's pissed off at me all the time. She's acting like she's 15 years old, hence why she wouldnt understand it if I simply told her to stop leaving the lights on (not to mention throwing her clothes and other junk on the floor in my bathroom and in the hallway, turning the kitchen into a disaster area, and leaving the house unlocked and windows open when no one is home).

Now do you see why it's more fun and probably more effective to do something more creative?

oh and electricity is included in our rent but my landlord has already raised it once for the cost of electricity.

Back
Top Bottom