Throwing an idea out there.

stop using the word kids. i used to get real offended when i was called a kid back in school. for me a kid is someone under the age of 12 or something, which there is very few of on cf. they should be called young boys and girls or something cheezy like that :)

stop using the word kids. i used to get real offended when i was called a kid back in school. for me a kid is someone under the age of 12 or something, which there is very few of on cf. they should be called young boys and girls or something cheezy like that :)

Hooray for political correctness :p The correct definition of a "kid" is a baby goat and not a human child anyway :D

I personally dislike the word "mate", regardless of who it comes from. I really don't like being called "mate" by any of my real friends either.

"Hey mate", "It's over there mate"

95% of the time you don't know who you're talking to, so how can you call them "mate"? A "mate" would imply being friends at the very least. It's also used to be rude and condescending:

"I'm better at <insert activity> than you, mate."

Fucking stupid, chavvy word, it should be banned. It's even worse on forums when you ask a question and somebody answers or responds to one of your other posts with the word "mate" tacked on the end.

If I was still modding here I'd ban people for doing it repeatedly.

yea thats another point i was going to make. kid = goat.

i dont mind being called mate and still use it myself on a rare occasion, as sometimes you dont know someones name and its kind of difficult :p

(notes down not to call uk31337 a mate incase it offends)

i like the word mate or buddy or pal sometimes even bro.

Anyone who is younger than 18 years old is legally a minor and therefore a kid.

Besides, there are plenty of people on CF who act and type like they're under the age of 12 anyways, so it fits perfectly. :)

Anyone who is younger than 18 years old is legally a minor and therefore a kid.

Besides, there are plenty of people on CF who act and type like they're under the age of 12 anyways, so it fits perfectly. :)

Alvino, just curious here, how old do I sound?

im in the 18 or over category anyway ;)
so im not a young boy lol.
i dunno why, i just think the word "kid" is a bit rude. i guess im wierd :p

Hooray for political correctness :p The correct definition of a "kid" is a baby goat and not a human child anyway :D

I personally dislike the word "mate", regardless of who it comes from. I really don't like being called "mate" by any of my real friends either.

"Hey mate", "It's over there mate"

95% of the time you don't know who you're talking to, so how can you call them "mate"? A "mate" would imply being friends at the very least. It's also used to be rude and condescending:

"I'm better at <insert activity> than you, mate."

Fucking stupid, chavvy word, it should be banned. It's even worse on forums when you ask a question and somebody answers or responds to one of your other posts with the word "mate" tacked on the end.

If I was still modding here I'd ban people for doing it repeatedly.

Yeah I see what you mean about the "mate" thing. A lot of people do think it is chavvy which i do agree but I don't think there is any harm in using it once in a while. But don't worry I wont call you mate.
-----

And when people do get called kid or boy it makes them feel like they should never of said something or they are stupid.

I think this place is as fine as it is. Not to strict, not to lax. But if it does get sticter then it will draw away new members.

"young members" or something like that is better than "kids". i dunno. i guess im just wierd :p
i get offended by wierd stuff. like at work if people ask for more carrier bags. that offends me because im always generous with them and always give them more when they need it. sometimes im busy scanning stuff so dont realise straight away. lol

Back
Top Bottom