I think I might wait for the new Iphone 3g...

superman22x

Golden Master
... Yea, me. I dont like apple, but I still am getting the Iphone. Someone convince me to do something else, lol. I like my friends ipod touch, lot of fun to play with, and the new Iphone is priced nicely. The only thing is... I dont want a data plan with it, and if I have to buy a data plan, I may step down to the LG Vu.
$199 for 8gb and $299 for 16gb, thats a good price. Almost too good to be true... So thats why I think a data plan may be required... it has wifi, and I have a wireless router, so I dont need 3g.
Anyone else thinking about getting the Iphone 3g?

Most places will require you to get the $80/month plan in order to get the cheap pricing. It's a scam really.

No, I know for one thing you can get it with any voice plan, but idk about the data plan thing.

I'm getting one. Cant wait! july 11th! I just found out u can use MIRC with it! Sweet! Make sure u Jail break it! (google it) its a must!!!

A data plan is required, along with a voice plan. They've also increased the monthly data plan by $10 to pay off the new subsidized price.

I'm getting one. Cant wait! july 11th! I just found out u can use MIRC with it! Sweet! Make sure u Jail break it! (google it) its a must!!!

What service provider do you have?

Just to let everyone know, you can't get the phone without activating it in store.

Do you realize that the Iphone is going to become exactly like the Razor is now with these price drops.

God I remember when the razor first came out and they were a few hundred bucks. It was like exclusive to have one. Now everybody and there damn brother has one and they practically give them out at the cell shops.

I guess my point is with the price drop your going to see a lot more Iphones out there and there not going to be as cool as the once were. Maybe its just me but I get annoyed when everyone has the same phone as me. Not to mention when I pay full price for something then they get them like handouts and are like check my phone out meh.....

I'll be honest I thought about buying one myself when I got mine, but I just felt it was to limited for my needs. There no doubt a cool phone and if the data plan wasn't different from my PDA plan I'd probably buy one and swap the sim card from time to time.

Do you live in a 3G area Superman? That's another thing that sucks is At&t has a very spotty 3G coverage area. I mainly use Wifi on my phone. Although I've clocked my edge around 200Kbps which isn't to bad for a phone.

It hasnt been anounced anywhere that you NEED a data plan with it yet. It sounds like its an option.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;812776 said:
Do you realize that the Iphone is going to become exactly like the Razor is now with these price drops.

God I remember when the razor first came out and they were a few hundred bucks. It was like exclusive to have one. Now everybody and there damn brother has one and they practically give them out at the cell shops.

I guess my point is with the price drop your going to see a lot more Iphones out there and there not going to be as cool as the once were. Maybe its just me but I get annoyed when everyone has the same phone as me. Not to mention when I pay full price for something then they get them like handouts and are like check my phone out meh.....

I'll be honest I thought about buying one myself when I got mine, but I just felt it was to limited for my needs. There no doubt a cool phone and if the data plan wasn't different from my PDA plan I'd probably buy one and swap the sim card from time to time.

Do you live in a 3G area Superman? That's another thing that sucks is At&t has a very spotty 3G coverage area. I mainly use Wifi on my phone. Although I've clocked my edge around 200Kbps which isn't to bad for a phone.
I am pretty sure I am in 3g area, but I dont want the data plan, waste of money for me... I would buy the phone you have, the tilt anyday over the Iphone if I didnt have to buy that data plan with it.

You don't have to get the data plan with the Tilt. But you won't get any type of rebate if you don't get the data plan. So if you could shell out full price get the tilt instead.

I'm willing to bet its going to be the same stipulation with the Iphone as well. They will probably make you get the Data plan to get the reduced price.

Back
Top Bottom