Sound fail - only when playing games.

I ran the sound test before coming to this forums and all were good, but when the sound cuts off in game like my first post said it cuts off the sound on the whole computer, now i can't run the sound test as my pc is telling me i have no device installed.

I Think it's a hardware problem,It's intergrated into the motherboard (AC97 wasnt released an a PCI card),Try installing the audio software that's on your motherboard CD (if you have one)

I have tried all the above links and post, these are the results i've had :

1) my starting problem, when i go into a game my sound fails after awhile and i must mute and unmute to get it working again.

2) after a few trys, downloads and installing from the above links and post it went from failing in game to no longer working full stop.

3) went from stop working in game so stop working on my whole pc even on start up the windows sound didn't work

4) after installing the drivers i now have sound back on my pc but not in games at all, my pc no longer tells me i have any sort of sound program on my pc.

If there is not much more to do after the this i want to know if i system restore will be PC go back to (1) ?

I system restored my pc now and I'm back to the same place where i was asking for help in the start which is better then having no sound at all, I'd like to thank you guys who tried help me and anymore things to try just post, i'll be reading.

Cheers.

wait, hold on, try reinstalling the games, or have you got any other programs that are running while you run the game? because you never know, it might be a conflict.

I suggest going to a default pc, try msconfig , thats start run type msconfig, selet services, and end the services that are no use, you can google what is defualt for services on windows xp

goodluck

Back
Top Bottom