What just happened?

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Ok, a thunderstorm was rolling through, and the power cut off for 3 seconds, and usually when the power cuts off even for a split second, my computer restarts...

BUT IT DIDNT!!!!

What the hell? This is really weird.. The AC in my room shut off, my monitor shut off, and my desk police scanner shut off.. But my PC remained on? How?

I know that a PC can be powered for up to 10 seconds, if not longer when it is disconnected, but is that enough power to keep it running?

The PSU probably happened to have enough charge in it at that time for it to keep running for a couple seconds.

The PSU probably happened to have enough charge in it at that time for it to keep running for a couple seconds.

That's awesome! I was thinking that because this never happened with my old PSU, and this PSU is a beast anyway.. 650W and up to 52A of current.

I've checked the spec's out for your PSU. It's well beefy and it will store enough current to power your set-up during the short period that you were without power.

Hey this is pretty good advertising for your PSU dude!

:)

Haha I'm sure it wouldn't last more than a couple seconds, but yeah. Especially if your PC is at or near idle, it's not gonna use anywhere near 650 watts.

I don't even think I use 500 watts under full load, but it is nice to have the extra power just in case.

Yeah, probably more like 400 actually. But that is a really good PSU, and you won't need to upgrade until it fails most likely.

This PSU has a MTBF of 100,000 hours, so if I left it running at full load for 11ish years, THEN it might blow up.. Of course keeping it dust free and crap.

you sir have officially sold me on my next PSU. Too bad I have no need for one any time soon.

Glad you like it. It is a great PSU and the price should be coming down soon. Mine was 150, and then factor in the instant rebate and main in, it is in the lower 100s.

If you need more power than 650W or happen to need 8 more amps on the 12V rail, then the TX750W is what you need. The exact same PSU, but with 100 more watts and 8 more amps, and a few more connectors I think..

Back
Top Bottom