SecuROM sucks

freestyler105

Golden Master
http://www.simprograms.com/?p=692

Pirating that game now...just ask, I'd be glad to spread around the torrent.

Basically, a guy tried to play a game that he paid for, and because of the stupid SecuROM activation he couldn't. It told him to go buy a new copy.
If you are a Pirate:

* BAD: You do have the same bugs that those with legal copies have, plus new ones depending on how the cracked copy was programmed.
* GOOD: Unlimited Activations!
* GOOD: No SecuROM to deal with
* GOOD & BAD: It's free, but illegal

If you are a Legal Customer:

* BAD: Limited to 3 Activations
* BAD: Your computer is plaqued with SecuROM
* BAD: Game contains errors and bugs
* GOOD & BAD: You support Maxis by purchasing the game, but you are also supporting EA, and if you support them, you support SecuROM

Honestly…what looks better to you?

i think these days game/software companies are getting so desperate in their methods for anti piracy that they are also screwing over the paying customers at the same time

See this is crazy.

I want to buy PC games but i'm gonna be screwing 'real bad' if I pay for a game, in a shop all legal and stuff, and it don't work. And i'm seeing this trend, about PC games, a lot now.

I asked a guy in a games store if I could return the game if it didn't work and you know what he said....?

It should work as long as your within the specifications. I said yea. My PC will run that game.

But you know what? Thats not what I wanted to hear.

I wanted him to say... 'Yea sure. If it don't work... bring it back for a refund'

I think i'm with freestyler105 on this.

Sounds like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-uulRB1OmY

I posted that vid awhile back, a guy buys two copies of FEAR and it still won't work, so he just goes and gets a cracked EXE.. And slams the s**t out of Secu-ROM and the gaming companies that use it.

Anti-piracy is getting out of hand.. They try to stop piracy, but they never will, and they can't seem to get that through their thick heads. No matter what they do, there will always be a crack for it.

Sounds like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-uulRB1OmY

I posted that vid awhile back, a guy buys two copies of FEAR and it still won't work, so he just goes and gets a cracked EXE.. And slams the s**t out of Secu-ROM and the gaming companies that use it.

Anti-piracy is getting out of hand.. They try to stop piracy, but they never will, and they can't seem to get that through their thick heads. No matter what they do, there will always be a crack for it.
That's a great video...harsh, but true.

yeah,securerom sucks,i bought a game from EBgames,i installed it on my laptop no problems,but when i installed it on XP it kept on telling me to insert the original disk not a backup,I was inserting the orignal disc!

Sins of A Solar Empire...

Frankly I don't think copy protection stops people from pirating games, ever. I really believe most people who buy games would buy them even without the protection.

Back
Top Bottom