Thinking about getting a new laptop

dcjose201

Baseband Member
So like the title says, i am thinking about getting a new laptop because the one i have now has broken down on me four times and all have been because of a fried motherboard. Since i dont have warranty on it anymore i dont want to have it go out on me and not be prepared. I am going to mainly use the new laptop for school and am about to start learning c++ (hopefully lol) I am going to my local frys store (i dunno if any of you members have heard of it) on wednesday, what would be the best brands and possible setups recommended? thanks!

what would be the usage of your laptop? frys is a good place for parts and computers. frys mostly has sony, fujistu, compaq, and hp notebooks. if you are going for gaming, rather buy a ASUS notebook

I am really not much of a gamer so I really do not care about the graphics. I will mainly be using the laptop for schoolwork and some programming.

The best thing I can recommend you is a good HDD and a good CPU. Depending on the size of your program, a faster CPU can speed up compiling times. Also, because you don't care for graphics, you really have a big list of options. You should go for costumer service. Having a good range of options will allow you to buy from the most helpful brands. Once that's decided than you just pick the one you think looks the best and has the most gadgetry to help you out =p

So overall, anything with a good CPU, HDD, and costumer service.

edit: C++ is really easy to learn. Once you learn a first programming language all the other ones are easy. They just use different Syntax.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I will let you know what I get if I end up getting one on wednesday.

I think frys might have those brands so I'll check for those.

OK just to get an idea here is a Fujitsu A6120-702 Notebook Pc,15.4 with specs:

* Microprocessor:2.1Ghz Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo Dual-Core T8100 Processor
* Display: 15.4"(1280x800)Color-Enhanced Crystal View Widescreen w/ 370 nit Brightness
* Memory: 3072MB DDR2 667Mhz SDRAM Memory Expandable upto 4GB
* Hard Drive: 250GB (5400 RPM) SERIAL-ATA Dsk With Shock Sensor Protection
* Multimedia Drive: Multi-Format Dual-layer DVD-/+RW drive.
* Connectivity:Integrated multinational 56K V.90 modem and 10/100 Ethernet LAN
* Wireless Connectivity:Integrated Atheros SuperAG wireless (802.11a/b/g)
* Feature:Integrated 1.3MP webcam and digital microphone,Spill resistance Keyboard
* External Ports:Memory Stick®/SD/xD slot, PC Card slot, ExpressCard™ slot
* 5 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
* 1 Headphone out, 1 microphone-in
* 1 IEEE-1394
* 1 VGA (15-pin)
* 1 TV-Out (S-video)
* 1 RJ-11 (modem)
* 1 RJ-45 (network)
* Operating System:Genuine Windows® Vista Home Premium

Is this something that would suite me? Also anyone know if microsoft visual studion 2003 is compatibly with vista?

Back
Top Bottom