help identifying a problem

dcjose201

Baseband Member
HI everyone im new to this forum. my problem which started today was that when i tried to access firefox or IE (which i rarely do, lol) i would get a message from my antivirus (which is avast) saying that i was infected. My homepage is yahoo.com so i changed it and it works fine but when i try to type in yahoo.com it wont load and it says that i have a virus. what to do? i have scanned the conputer and havent found anything. also i installed a program called spyware terminator (which i heard was good) and it didnt address the issue either. can someone help me out plz? thanks

i just tried going to yahoo.com and it worked. I dont know what happen whether it was just a problem with the site or what have you but i would still like to hear what you guys have to say. thanks

I would recommend that you download two other programs. The first is the FREE version of AVG. This is a great AV program that can possibly find the virus if you have one. The other is Spybot Search and Destroy. It is FREE, which is always good.

Do the updates on both and then run them both. Do this with the other programs turned off and not running, and see if you come up with some other problems.

Cheers!

Thanks wmorri i will give this a try. Do you know of a good firewall that would be best? I had comodo (sorry if its misspelled) is it a good firewall?

I can't really help you with that one as I have been running a physical firewall for a couple of years now and if has been working fine. Sorry

Back
Top Bottom