shopping for a multi use computer-help

mx344

Solid State Member
hey guys, ok right now i have a levono t60,and once the warranty runs out on this I will be buying a bigger and better computer,this time a desktop...
ok so heres my big question should i go quad core or dual core(high).heres what i mainly use it for
gaming-25%
media editing/recording-35%
word/internet-50%
I am starting now to get into online games and i want to get a computer that will be very relieable and not lag while playing games or simple stuff...

I am thinking of going with Intel,(I've always gone with Intel)and i am thinking or getting a q6600 or core 2 duo E8400...

my budget is around 850$ or less

I'm am thinking of buying it Directly from the "gaming" sites, because they allow you to upgrade and choose what you want on it...I'm thinking of either IBUYPOWER, cyberpower,or vigor...any ideas or experience with this companies
thx for your time... :D

also, they reason i'm asking about the quad and dual,is because the quad core is only 25$ more than the dual core?so yahh..thx

Seeing that you do a lot of editing go with a quad core. I think you can fit a Q6600 with that budget. Oh yes, I just saw that you mentioned the Q6600 in there. Go for it. If you did more gaming than editing then I would say maybe go with the E8400. Are you going to do any OCing?

Also, if you live in the U.S. you could order stuff from Newegg and built it yourself.

There's not much for quad core in gaming, so that would be a waste. As for media editing and recording a good core2duo 3ghz would work just fine. But for word processing and diving the net, a c2d would serve. I built a c2d rig for 800usd. But if you can snarf up a quad for only 25 more then planing ahead, go get it.
As for who to buy from most of the crew here buys from newegg and are pretty content with them.

Oh snap Joga

Back
Top Bottom