zune users...I need an opinion

mikee

Fully Optimized
I am thinking of getting a 80gb zune because they are in canada now but i was wondering what you guys think of zunes in terms of features, sound quality durability and overall quality?

My friend has a 30 GB Zune. It freezes a lot and couldn't put a playlist on it a couple of days ago.

i have an 80gb zune, i love it. screen is nice and big, and the entire device is entirely scratch-proof (glass screen, take care of it though). also loads of space, about 45 movies, 2 entire tv shows, 5000+ songs, just over half full.

so i take it with having the glass screen that it isn't very drop proof

Nothing's going to fare well if you drop it. If you're worried about dropping it, buy a case.

My son and I have a Zune each, seems quite durable and I love the way it categorizes the Genre of music, whether it be Heavy Metal, alternative, or even categorize by the album, etc. Depending on my mood it is an awesome feature! The video quality is great as is the sound quality, but make sure your headphones are working properly. I ordered a Zune off Ebay and it was all good except for the headphones.

Zune isn't available in the UK but my friend imported both the Gen 1 and Gen 2...

It's, well, meh. The 2nd gen is good sizewise, it's slightly bigger than an iPod Classic but I don't remember it being any thicker. I didn't care much for the user interface, though; I don't like a GUI which is designed to be so simple that it makes me feel like an idiot. Sure, it's got a bigger screen but the resolution is hardly different to the iPod, so you're gaining nothing. The FM radio is a nice touch, but to be honest it's something I'm expecting to appear in the next iPod if the iTouch doesn't already have it. I don't care for the Zune Marketplace because the Zune's not officially available in the UK (well done to MS for shoving everyone in Apple's direction, there's no reason for them not to release it but still they don't bother) and I can't access it anyway. I can open up iTunes and get much much more content instantly anyway, the iTunes Store has been available in the UK since day one and actually is no more expensive.

The Zune is good sizewise but also butt ugly, as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather be seen with an iPod, it's got the cool factor that I don't think the Zune does, to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom