new laptop: need advice

thanks dude ^
i understand that they dont have deliveries all the time, and they are just trying to make money, but 2-3 weeks for a laptop takes the p**s. i order stuff off amazon at 2pm and it comes early the next morning. this time in 2 weeks ill be sat on a beach somewhere so i wanted lots of laptop playing time :(

yeah im gonna buy myself a laptop this week gonna look in a few shops don't really wanna buy online cos you can't really see the quality like you can in the shops plus i can just buy it and take it home and get it up and running without dealing with crappy customer service etc.
i'll make sure to post my specs etc when i buy it though.
the lappy your getting sounds pretty damn good though im kinda envious.

yea it will deff be worth the wait. my old laptop was ok from currys, but i figured id get better specs at cheaper prices on the net. you can always go into currys for a look first :p

yeah im just looking right now i might take a trip down to novatech's showroom and have a browse and also look in curry's etc,
it doesnt have to be high spec im just gonna use it when im away from home etc when im home i'll use my desktop even then my desktop might be abit redundant especially as i can use my laptop around the house.
might put a few basic games on it nothing graphics intense like crysis etc.
probably use the internet that's basically it.

i suppose it takes so long to come cos each machine is built individualy whereas the sort of brands from currys like toshiba packard bell acer etc are all mass produced whereas the dell you can build it to your spec , i must have just got lucky with mine cos i ordered it on about the 16th may and it came on the 22nd may which i thought was pretty fast considering i had finance documents to return and everything , i just got them out to check now

i can live with it coming thurs or fri at the latest, as ive got a busy week (the 25th is on wed so im already giving them a day or 2 extra).
yea i guess you were lucky, although google has very mixed results. its deff pot luck

i auppose thats the price you pay for having a laptop built to spec whereas if you go curries etc you can only buy what you see
yer it seems so i guess i just got lucky although when we ordered our desktop about 2 years ago now it came within like a week as well
if the quality is as good as or better than mine it will be worth the wait though

wow i went from phase 2 to 5 over the weekend, which is a bit random, but im well excited.
walsh western is the company sending it, never heard of them. what time will they come?

welsh western where the shipping country although once mine got to england it came via business post and it was delivered at about 11:30 aalthough i think my windows was from 9am to 1pm

hmm. google says welsh western is crap. thats not good :(
they have merged into a new company though, maybe they are better. who knows. if its shipped today i wonder if it will come tomorrow (doubt it)
edit: its departed EMF
dunno what that means but it sounds good and i can now track it via their site :)

Back
Top Bottom