wow i got hacked....

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
well my friend sent me a file that he thought was only a program that was gonna make meatspin pop up on my ie, which it does, but it was a keylogger, the guy that made it has all my stuff, my passwords all my cd-keyes, including my windows key what can i possibly do????

edit, i already deleted the keylogger

Umm I would suggest changing your passwords and contacting any banking accounts you have stored as well as your shopping accounts.

For the most part he shouldn't be able to do much even if he has your account. I noticed when I ordered something off amazon but had it sent to a new address I had to re verify all my credit card info.

That does suck though man hopefully you can get things changed around before he does any damage.

well the thing is i dident have anything saved such as banking info or passwords so there's nothing thats really wrong on that case but what can he do i changed my passwords for all the things i really could think about. i was only one to use my computer after this program was ran so i think im good but if there is anything sent to his adress from anything such as bank account or anything then he's going to have a cop on his doorstep telling him he's being sued..... i got big lawer conections....

edit- i keep on delted the program that did it and found the process and everything but everytime i restart it re-apears!! how can i completly get rid of it????

You know in your situation it might be good to rip everything that you need onto an external and just format your computer, that's what I would do anyway when facing a virus of that magnitude.

You know in your situation it might be good to rip everything that you need onto an external and just format your computer, that's what I would do anyway when facing a virus of that magnitude.

I Had a similar problem,for peace of minds sake,i reinstalled windows.

i wouldnt of downloaded the file in the first place just because the guy said it was safe doesnt mean it was.

How long was the keylogger on your pc and how would he have gotten your windows cd key? A keylogger records everything you type, so unless you typed that in, he wouldn't have your cd key.

well my friend sent me a file that he thought was only a program that was gonna make meatspin pop up on my ie, which it does, but it was a keylogger, the guy that made it has all my stuff, my passwords all my cd-keyes, including my windows key what can i possibly do????

edit, i already deleted the keylogger

I'd just run the same thing he ran so you have a good idea of what he got.

Basically, windows password, windows & office product keys, IE passwords, quite likely firefox passwords, wireless password, anything stored as an LSA secret, outlook express passwords, Thunderbird passwords.

There's utility's out that that dump & save / email / FTP information about users computers. Their quite common and this seems what the OP would have ran. Very likely combined with a key logger as well.

Back
Top Bottom