DUMB question about "computer jobs"

Well there is a big difference between sending her daughter to a school basically forcing her to take something in school and your sister's daughter wanting to take computer courses and learn about it. If she is interested in the subject then she will have no problem excelling, otherwise it is a waste of money to be putting her in school.

My thoughts exactly.

Something that wasn't mentioned was her age. If she's only like ten then thigns can change fast. ANY pre-teen/teenager can use MSword, and play sims and a half-smart person can avoid crap online. But if she's older (late teens) and has the desire to do it, things should be easy.

As a warning, no one is guaranteed to make 60+k a year fresh out of college. Just as an example the average computer or software engineer makes about 50k fresh out of college, and they usually get paid more than a starting IT person at a major company.

She is studying computer studies, and she will make 60k+ easily if she is actually interested in the subject... Tell her to join up here, and we can help her along the way.

Now, did she say she was actually going to be making that 60k in computers, she could be studying that... and making 60k on the corner...
I JP!!

My sister in law is telling me how she is going to send my niece to DeVry, and she will be making 60K + when she graduates. About the only thing my niece can do on a PC is use MS word, play Sims, and surf the net while not giving a crap about all the spyware she has on her box. What do you think?

Well as others have said if she is forcing her to go there then i doubt she will do very well cos she obviously wont have any interest in computers , however if your niece has asked to go there she must have an interest and want to learn more so she will most likely do well if she works hard

as for making 60K when she graduates that isnt guranteed at all in fact not many people make that sort of money fresh out of college so i wouldnt get my hopes up about that

the reason so many teens harvest spyware as a unknown job is exactly that. They don't know, and they were never taught. Imagine if you didn't have to take driving lessons and a test to be able to drive. It'd be hell. Well, that is how the computers are, and some people just teach them selves better.

60k straigh out of college....

I don't think so!

60k lol no way is that in us dollers?

I would assume in American dollars. And yes, someone straight out of college can land a job that offers 60K a year. A colleague of mine recently graduated and is currently making 64K a year working for Shell Canada Ltd (CDN yes, but salaries are about the same).

I assume you have no self-esteem Mr.Dumb. I'd a Ask David for a username change if I were you.

Anyway, I hope your neice learns a lot and use that knowledge well.

actually seeing as his neice can open programs already i guess you could say she's learning as she's using the computer, the fact she doesnt care about spyware is probably lack of knowlege something she will gain as her education continues.
fair play to her and all the best for the future the world of computing needs more ladies i think it's very much a guy industry.

Back
Top Bottom