Random Question...

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
Does anyone know how to remove ants out of an LCD monitor? I'm not kidding... We have a sugar ant problem at my house and they recently found my room, and today 3 of them found one of my monitors and are now inside it, I can look at the screen and they are walking around on it...on the inside... It's kinda annoying as ants happen to be annoying. I doubt they will find their own way out and if they died in there they might get stuck in one spot or something...

I sprayed around my room some so hopefully they won't be back soon, but I still need to rid myself of these 3...

For the ones that say pics or it didn't happen...

On the bright side...I have an ant farm in my monitor now... :rolleyes:

I had an ant nest in my playstation controller once. After 10 minutes of shaking them out i gave up and threw it in the bin

lie the holes of the monitor next to some food like an apple and that should lure them out. then you pull your shotgunz out and start blasting them. or squish them.

lol rnadom question indeed.

pther than dismantling your montor very carefully and noting down where what screw went,

i see no better option than the chickenlovers solution.

either that or 1 night when you not usiong your comp disconnect the monitor and wedge it somewhere upside down and let gravity do its trick lol,

seriously id lay the monitor flat and put some old apple or caramel, (something sweet) next to the wholes in the monitor

Yeah the luring idea is a good one,if you are good with taking things apart LCD Monitors arent all that complicated,as far as i know there are comrpised of :

-inverter board
-Power supply
-LCD Module
-LCD Panel.

Dunno if they got out or are just hiding on the sides this morning. Haven't seen them show up on the screen yet. If they never show up again then I won't worry about it. The luring idea is pretty good. The first day I found out I had ants in my room I was eating cookies and was down to the last one which had been on the table for like 5 minutes max, and there was like 20 sugar ants on it... They get into everything open in our kitchen as well.

Dunno if they got out or are just hiding on the sides this morning. Haven't seen them show up on the screen yet. If they never show up again then I won't worry about it. The luring idea is pretty good. The first day I found out I had ants in my room I was eating cookies and was down to the last one which had been on the table for like 5 minutes max, and there was like 20 sugar ants on it... They get into everything open in our kitchen as well.
Geez....sounds to me like you need to keep your house a little cleaner.

Actually I don't think keeping it clean would have helped us much. It wasn't ever very dirty. Probably about as dirty as any other kitchen. We used to keep the chips open, but rolled up and clipped at the top, but the ants can get in that, so now we basically have to put anything that is in an open package into a plastic zipper bag. We live in the country, bugs happen, and sugar ants find just about any little thing with sugar on it... If you lived where I do, you can keep your kitchen as clean as possible and they will probably still invade. They also like electrical stuff and water...so it's not just the food. I had an invasion in my computer room once, but put a bunch of ant traps and they haven't shown up since. And they were in our bathroom as well until it was sprayed.

Back
Top Bottom