Back with an apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datalyss1

In Runtime
Ok, so my temporary banishment expired 2 weeks ago, but I've been so busy I just now got around to getting back here.

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize for my inappropriate language. Even though the 3rd letter in that particular acronym was meant to abbreviate a fictional swear word, the fact that I did not spell it out makes it understandable how it would've been offensive, so...my bad.

dont remember you getting banned (been in a world of my own lately), but welcome back :)

I don't remember you getting banned either, but since you are back I hope you have learned your lseeson and you continue from now on to abide by the rules of CF. It would be a better community if everyone did.

Well, people misunderstood what I meant.

Well that isn't really our fault. As far as everybody else is concerned,
'STFU' stands for something else.

I will never understand human sensitivity to swear words.
If somebody says "I stepped in dog crap" and I say "I stepped in dog shit", whats the big deal? My sentence means the exact same thing as his, how is he any less of an offender if he uses another word with the same meaning?
/rant

And no, I don't watch battlestar galactica.

I guess with an acronym like that it would be really easy to be offended by it. If it's that easily confused, you should've just spelled it out. Not everyone watches Battlestar Galactica. If I didn't know it was something from Battlestar I would've thought you were telling people to shut the f@ck up.

EDIT>>> Just read what Mike said, yea basically what he said. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom