Is your Windows legal?

That's exactly what I've done, made a 'clean install' Ghost image of Windows on my main PC and 2 laptops.

All 3 are activated, the Start menus are set up the way I want and I have the drivers installed on the laptops. I haven't installed any drivers on the clean install image for the main PC apart from the chipset drivers for the motherboard.

Every 6 months or so I load those clean install images (after making a current one, of course) and bring them up to date with Windows updates and save a new image then restore the current one when I've finished.

ok yesterday i installed a downloaded version of xp on my desktop. its a crappy sempron with 512mb ram so this stripped down version works well :)

apart from that im all legal, as i think ive said a page or 2 back

im sort of legal, i got my serial no. from my school when i did work experience with them and the serial number is obviously legal but im not sure it was 100% legal for them to give me the serial number, so as far as microsoft is concered my serial is legal as far as the government is concerned maybe not so much,

n e ways im sooo happy i dnt have to mess about with torrents to find a working XP that would be messy i mean you'd have to install it everytime to check and then u dnt ever know if microsoft will release an update like WGA that cought loads of people out that will stop your copy from working,

so currently 12 people on this forum are living on edge never knowing when an automatic update comes through if there comp is jus gonna stop working, he he he good luck with that

im sort of legal, i got my serial no. from my school when i did work experience with them and the serial number is obviously legal but im not sure it was 100% legal for them to give me the serial number, so as far as microsoft is concered my serial is legal as far as the government is concerned maybe not so much,

n e ways im sooo happy i dnt have to mess about with torrents to find a working XP that would be messy i mean you'd have to install it everytime to check and then u dnt ever know if microsoft will release an update like WGA that cought loads of people out that will stop your copy from working,

so currently 12 people on this forum are living on edge never knowing when an automatic update comes through if there comp is jus gonna stop working, he he he good luck with that
You can uninstall WGA.

i got an educational key on mine too , i am pretty sure i read that educational keys dont get registered online like other keys do as they are volume licensed but hey i got vista on my machine now decided it was time to upgrade

XP HOME on mine original, bought it myself, I have had shady copies in the past like XP PRO as it was on the computer when I bought it but way back when WGA
first came out I went and bought XP HOME to cover myself plus I didn't use the extras in pro so Home is quite sufficient

My PC has the COA for Vista Home premium,but i have XP pro on it (illegal).My laptop has Vista premium on it which is legal.

Although i do have an OEM CD and COA i bought which is XP pro,So im probably going to put that on my laptop or desktop.

the money those guys make on window is insane. a home user should be able buy one copy and install in on there home computer's not just one.

Back
Top Bottom