Xp Problem

right and when you was installing it through the XP disk you formatted it in NTFS right ?

did it recognis it ok without n e problems ?

do you see your hardrive in the bios.

do you have your bios to boot from your hardrive,

note. it is possible to disable your hardrive as a boot device in which case this would happen,

check your bios for boot order or boot priority and set your hardrive at the top of the list, and make sure your hardrive is enabled and set on auto on detect drive type (if possible)

I just tried what you told me it gives same message

Formatted to NTFS setup saw it but it still won't go

I'm thinking either bad data cable, bad CD, or bad hard drive. If you have a different windows disk laying around, give it a shot.

ok if i was in your situation id think i have 2 main things left to do,

1. check the hardrive manafactures site for a diagnostics tool that will test the drive,

2. try the hardrive in another computer if possible,

i mean id like to think the hd was dead but it seems liek this is the 2nd hd your having the same problem with so id probably think that the SATA controller has gone on your motherboard.

you can buy a PCI SATA controller if the drive works in a different pc,

have you tried the hardrive on another sata port ? or is it possible that you have an eSATA port ? worth a shot

I'm thinking either bad data cable, bad CD, or bad hard drive. If you have a different windows disk laying around, give it a shot.

I doubt it's bad hard drive because windows sees it

MY hd is fine cd is fine data hard drive.....

I doubt it's bad hard drive because windows sees it

MY hd is fine cd is fine data hard drive.....

just because windows sees it doesn't mean it's fine. That just means it knows its there. You are a read error which means something is not reconizing/sending data properly. Because of that, they are a lot of options as to what is going wrong.

How do you know the CD and the hard drive are good?

is there any way to check the cable

CD worked 4 a friend of mine b4 and hd well windows sees it....

is there any way to check the cable

CD worked 4 a friend of mine b4 and hd well windows sees it....

Only way to test the cable is to get a different one.

Has the CD become scratched or smudged? that could cause it to mis-read and corrupt the install. And like I just said, just because windows sees it doesn't mean anything. My job is fixing computers. I cannot tell you how many times windows sees a hard drive (and usually boots off it) and still have the hard drive be bad.

Is there any other way to install drivers for my HD without a floppy drive during XP installation? XP setup asks for floppy diskette in drive A:\

Just a simple question, I got XP working just now on Fat32 and b4 I tried installing it on a NTFS system and it didn't work. Any Ideas why....

Yay!!!!:D I used Hiren's Boot CD which had Acronis on it and made a NTFS partition and installed XP without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom