OCing software for a computer that dont have oc features.

amp27

Daemon Poster
i have an old dell single caor and it is running at something like 833Mhz. and i guess i always now it but never though about it this way.......it never gets hot. it is always cold to the touch so just now i though i should oc it to get some more speed.

first is it even possible to oc a dell and is there a way too do it. this would be my first oc.

i think i am running bois version: A09. thats what i think i read. almost 100% sure.

thanks

Being a Dell,The BIOS Would be locked.Also being a Dell,An unlocked BIOS Would be hard to find,so reflashing it is out of the question.

What do you mean by 'cold to touch',Just becuase the case is cold doesnt mean the CPU Is cold,My Case is cold to touch,but the CPU is still running at 40c.

no the cpu is cool to the touch. nothin in my computer gets hot. and is there anyway to oc it too at least 1.0 Ghz. i have a hardtime just opening a page with running two windows at a time.

only the HDDs and the NB. which has no hsink

what do you have for ram, that issue sounds more like the computer is out of memory and is trying to move to many things in and out of the page file.

well i have the page file on a different drive. and the drive has its own IDE cable. and so does the main HDD. and this computer take 100Mhz ram and 133 WILL not boot up. i only have 384 MB of ram. and a .866 Ghz intel pentium III

It's a guide to help you speed up 2000.here are some tips i recomend:

-Go to start>run>"msconfig" and go to startup and untick what you dont need.

-Right click on your hardrive in my computer,click properties,and run a disk cleanup.

Back
Top Bottom