Need a good router

So i wireless-N router is faster wireless but will computers connected by hardline have faster service too?

So i wireless-N router is faster wireless but will computers connected by hardline have faster service too?
Here's the most common, ranked from fastest to slowest:

CAT6 cable = 1000megabits/second max
Wireless N = 300megabits/second max
CAT5 cable = 100megabits/second max
Wireless G = 54megabits/second max

To get full speed out of the CAT6 cable, though, you need a router that supports gigabit ethernet.

do what i do and go with a router that will run dd-wrt......it is great firmware....and since i had it had no crashes yet...knock on wood...

My US Robotics has worked amazingly... I also have a Netgear N that works well... Although my Mac has issues connecting to it if I use WEP... not sure why. Had a Wireless G netgear that works well also.

I think we're going to end up with a D-Link, Netgear or Belkin Wireless-N router with Gigabit support.

or belkin they make good routers aswell

I've been using a Belkin 4 port wired router for years and I have to say that the little guy is a champ. It hasn't crashed on me once. I'd also say that the configuration UI is easy to navigate. Belkin gets a thumbs up from me.

Here's the most common, ranked from fastest to slowest:

CAT6 cable = 1000megabits/second max
Wireless N = 300megabits/second max
CAT5 cable = 100megabits/second max
Wireless G = 54megabits/second max

To get full speed out of the CAT6 cable, though, you need a router that supports gigabit ethernet.

you forget that CAT5e supports gigabit and a fair portion of the CAT5 you buy now is CAT5e

netgear wireless router is great! though costs about 120$. if u want a cheaper one get linksys routers they are good too, just dont get d-link. what i should say is dont get cheap d-link routers :)

Back
Top Bottom