Laptop for school opinions

DJ-CHRIS1

Golden Master
So yeah, I need a powerful laptop for school. Will be doing many processor / ram intensive applications, such as virtual computers, random computations of many numbers and extremely multi tasking, as well as running audio software. I don't care about graphics power that much, and a 14'' or 15" laptop is a must. Lots of hard drive space is a bonus, looking for 250GB, as well as 3+GB of RAM.

I've been looking at this laptop specifically, however the battery life worry's me.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=29220&promoid=1060

Chris, knowing you from the past, I highly suggest you look at the Lenovo Thinkpad T61 or T61p.

Thinkpads are reliable and extremely durable. Coupled with a nine cell battery, you'll have great performance with great battery life.

yes,they are nicely built like 12 people in my class have them,they are pretty cool,and they got some power to them...But the one your looking at is powerful as well...GL

ive heard asus and sony are crap for battery life, so id stay away from them, although it still looks like a good system. best thing you can do is look at reviews. i cant really suggest any laptops as im from the UK and dont know much about newegg and all that

Chris,

Your laptop looks like a solid performer. The stock battery will only get you so far in almost every single laptop on the market save a few. I highly suggest buying an upgraded battery from Asus if you don't mind the battery sticking out a little from the back. I did this for my HP and it has made a world of a difference. I get apprx. 5-6 hrs instead of the original 1.5-2 MAX.

Chris

ive heard asus and sony are crap for battery life, so id stay away from them, although it still looks like a good system. best thing you can do is look at reviews. i cant really suggest any laptops as im from the UK and dont know much about newegg and all that

Where'd you hear about Sony?

Back
Top Bottom