Remote Assistant

Cookie :)

Beta member
Okay first i best apolagise if i have this in the wrong section, im not sure if it would be put down as software or server administration, let me explain my problem :)

I have 2 computers but one monitor, what i want to do is use my second computer to run skype without a monitor (so kinder like a dedicated sever). I need to get myself some sort of remote assitant or some kind of server program which allows me to control my second computer via my first computer.

In short, i want to be able to use skype whilst in bed but i dont have a monitor for the p.c in my room. So yeah, i need some sort of program which will allow me to control my second p.c, prefrebly a program which will load up as soon as i boot up my p.c and doesnt ask me to accept any invites to net meeting or anything like that, if you get what i mean? :)

Again sorry if this is in the wrong section :( and thanks in advance for any responses i get :)

or logmein its ment for http remote access but still works perfect for local,

also who u phoning in bed dude lol

Me and my girlfriend (currently long distance >.< ) talk alot on skype and would be nice to be able to lay in bed and still chat ^^

Im going to try out that Remote Desktop Connection thing now, thanks alot :) Il post again if i get any problems with it. Will it automaticly connect to my 2nd p.c without having to use the 2nd p.c to 'allow access' etc ?

yh thats right aslong as its over local network u dnt have to accept it or ne thing jus enter username and password of destination pc

either remote desktop.
or realVNC

remote desktop is already installed on all XP and above systems it just needs enabling.

VNC can be dowloaded.

either remote desktop.
or realVNC

remote desktop is already installed on all XP and above systems it just needs enabling.

VNC can be dowloaded.

but i believe remote assistance can only remote control XP pro computers. you can control it "from" a home edition but the destination pc needs to be pro

Back
Top Bottom