new laptop: need advice

How fast is your internet? It took my 2 days to download a 3gb file...
4.5mb

had a 500mb album, the rest of cod (like 2gb), and a 300mb game downloading last night. from 1am then i woke up at 10am and it was done. not too bad.

i dont really need the whole package. just the things i need really

bumping a great thread :p
still no laptop. ill give it till monday till i panic.
got my games sorted though :)

bumping a great thread :p
still no laptop. ill give it till monday till i panic.
got my games sorted though :)

u no what i saw yesterday mate, pc world advertising some 3GB RAM 1.8Ghz C2D and 120Gb hardrive for £299 or £399 i cant remember and didnt catch full specs but was thinking it was a bloody good deal

you can always try making your own computer. its always cheaper but takes a lot of thought and research. sorry but i don't know any European websites for parts. You can try tigerdirect.com and newegg.com if you are interested. they might have European factories but im not sure.

you can always try making your own computer. its always cheaper but takes a lot of thought and research. sorry but i don't know any European websites for parts. You can try tigerdirect.com and newegg.com if you are interested. they might have European factories but im not sure.

building laptops dont tend to ever be that practical and because of poor unavailablility id say more expensive that pre built

building laptops dont tend to ever be that practical and because of poor unavailablility id say more expensive that pre built

Ive never tried building a laptop, just building a desktop now and its about $1000 dollars cheaper than pre built. so i wouldn't know the availability for laptops but its an idea if you are feeling bold :D

* AMD Turion 64x2 TL60 Processor
* (2.0 GHz, 1 MB Cache)
* Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
* 3 GB Memory
* 160 GB Hard Drive
£399

thats what you saw. not a bad deal, but for an extra £190 i got a better processor, double the hdd space, a much better gpu, 3 times as much cache, etc, etc.

@muz, still says its being prepared for production :(
its the 19th now and says it should arrive on or before the 25th. most people have said it will come early, but with the weekend very close i doubt it :(

* AMD Turion 64x2 TL60 Processor
* (2.0 GHz, 1 MB Cache)
* Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
* 3 GB Memory
* 160 GB Hard Drive
£399

thats what you saw. not a bad deal, but for an extra £190 i got a better processor, double the hdd space, a much better gpu, 3 times as much cache, etc, etc.

@muz, still says its being prepared for production :(
its the 19th now and says it should arrive on or before the 25th. most people have said it will come early, but with the weekend very close i doubt it :(

ahh that is the 1 i saw thought it said C2D o well my bad and i didnt catch the graphics card on it, thought it was worth mentioning, its still a very good laptop for the price

Back
Top Bottom