Throwing an idea out there.

Isn't that what the mods and the reporting system is for? So it instantly bans you..then the mods have to look at why you were banned and review whether it is deserved or not?..Doesn't save any work IMO.

And then if a mod decides you didn't deserve the ban you will have a pissed off member.

Intersting idea, but no. A little prod here and there from other forum members is all it usually takes to straighten up the "IM" speak.

A "smartness scale"? Hmm. . .

How about a smartass scale to go along with it? :D

Isn't that what the mods and the reporting system is for? So it instantly bans you..then the mods have to look at why you were banned and review whether it is deserved or not?..Doesn't save any work IMO.

And then if a mod decides you didn't deserve the ban you will have a pissed off member.

i agree something this will almost certainly cause controversy and chaos we won't know where we stand

As far as I am concerned, it will not sit well on here. I do not see a rampant problem with the misspellings and I think it will deter new members in my opinion.

I like the system the way it is. I don't think we should be punished for using contractions anyway. -26 just for they're? LOL at that.

There goes some more points I guess. :D

Solid idea and it could work but I think it would be better just to keep it the way it is. Maybe moderators could enforce a new rule that people should try to avoid using text speak or something instead.

If you think this is a good idea what's next?

Banning l33t or even 01100010011010010110111001100001011100100111100100100000011100110111000001100101011000010110101100111111. Making the forum english only?

To an extent some Internet slang is pretty damn funny. I like LOL'ing, LUL WUTing, IMOing, sometimes I get on the internetz and I've also been known to take the occasional ride on the ROLFCOPTER.

But some of the more cryptic, less mainstream internet slang is rather pointless. I can see how the smartness system could be useful, but I could also foresee it creating a few problems which, in my opinion. Is one of the LAST things CF needs right now.

And I hate to keep beating on a dead horse, but I think if CF could change its persona, the way its perceived. Then the smartness system could work, Granted this isn't how I necessarily feel, but this is how I think some members feel based on various posts and pm's I've shared with other members.

At times CF can be seen as a strict, and sadly at times dull place where (at times) people are afraid to disagree with one another in threads for fear of the thread being closed. Also I feel that at times people who post a different opinion, or have a different idea on something are jumped upon by other members for simply having a different opinion (some people actually like president bush, some people may like or dislike john mccain/barack obama) big deal, people disagree. But I feel as though people are to close minded and to quick to condemn other peoples for having a different view. I think CF needs more tolerance.

If that all could be changed to where people see CF as a more laid back, fun loving place where people respect each others views and can just agree to disagree then I think that would make this a better place, a place someone could enjoy contributing to. I think if those problems could be fixed then people would be more likely to embrace a system like the smartness system and so forth.

Just my opinion though.

I think we should implement it but only for posts that are horrible with grammar and very hard to understand. Like the posts that say "d00d 0emmmmmgeee iye bilt myeselff aye knew comput0r" or one word George-like posts.

Back
Top Bottom