one great thing about a community like this...

I've been surprised by cf lately about how mature people have been and there has been (relatively) few flame wars and immature arguments. It's nice to see people get along and be able to have a mature conversation and debate about things in a mature way......:D

dnt gt me wr0ng i cn type formal wen i need 2 but sumX its fster like dis.

he he he im not that bad although i do alot fo shortcut words, i dnt think it harms n e 1 ?

n e 1 . its so easy to read its not like u have to sit there and go urrmmmm n ...... e ...... 1 ...... you jus read it smoothly and i type it smoothyl,

n e ways go community CF. david lindon for president, i mean if he can run a forum succesfully why not a country lol

Ewww...I personally think correct spelling and grammar makes a forum look smarter and clean. I mean, I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, but I'm sure most people here can type at least 40 wpm right? So what's wrong with taking the extra seconds to just type correctly? Abbreviations and shortened words aren't hard to read, they just don't look nice. If you guys want to keep typing like that, go ahead, who am I to stop eh? I just think it would make a better image on the forum as a whole if everything was spelled out.

i dnt think it makes it look messy i mean this is the iternet, people are used to shortened language i mean its jus like sayin owned, pwned, FTW, lol they are jus shorter ways of saying things.

so instead of saying lol say "that made me laugh" ................. i dont think so.

but n e ways i respect your opinion but am gracefully ignoring it lol,

saying "imo" and "lol" is perfectly fine, but when the words almost become chavvy and unreadable then its a problem.
meh im easy, as long as it isnt too extreme ill live with it

Yeah I think its great that we can accept peoples opinions on here who disagree with us but at the end of the day we can still talk about computers and everything else

I personally don't care for "IM language" on forums either. I think you should type with proper grammar and spelling in a forum. It doesn't make you look very intellegent when you type like you are typing to your buddy on an IM in a public forum. I've always been against using im language in a forum. In my opinion proper grammar and spelling means a lot.

Just my .02 on that subject.

on the whole typing think i think it was uk31337 that said the other day you have a full keyboard on your computer so use all of it no need for shortening things ,
Dont get me wrong things like imo are fine but when it gets to using just one letter to represent words like n e 1 no how i do dis it just gets annoying and sometimes it can actually be a lot harder to read if you have to decipher someones post , most of the time i wont even bother because my thoughts are if they dont have the intelligence to form proper sentences then what they are trying to say cant be too intelligent either
but thats just my opinion

as for the whole community i think its great i love having a good debate about something i dont think there is anything wrong with it i just used to hate it when the likes of brookfield would not accept anybody elses opinion but their own at the end of the day everyone is free to form their own opinion and i have no problem with that but its always good to discuss opinions and have a good debate without things getting personal

id vote for that obama dude.. he seems pretty cool.. or anyone other than bush.. lol..

this community is cool.. lol.. but dont expect me to be mature in real life, i am nowhere near mature..

Back
Top Bottom