Linux or Windows for real!

So, i guess that the consensis is that all the people that chose windows is because they like to play games. But, and this is purely out of curiosity, do any of you use programs that are open source on your windows box. Programs like Open-office, Audacity or any other open-source programs?

Cheers!

the only reason i dont use open source software is because of torrents.
it just means i can get office 07 and all of the software i want "legally" for free, otherwise id consider them.

as for windows i havent just chose it because i game (i dont even game that much), as i said before, its more mainstream and has more software support, and ive grown up with it

So, i guess that the consensis is that all the people that chose windows is because they like to play games. But, and this is purely out of curiosity, do any of you use programs that are open source on your windows box. Programs like Open-office, Audacity or any other open-source programs?

Cheers!

Yeah i use open-office, as Microsoft offices is expensive and i prefer open office

In my heart I want to say Linux but... my home computing life is really dominated by Windows. I find it to be more intuitive and have less issues with drivers than I do with my Ubuntu install. Plus (as others have said), there's the gaming issue.

The big advantage that Linux has over Windows (besides the price) is security. I have plans on building a "guest computer" for my living room, which will run some distro of Linux. That way I don't have to worry about them downloading email attachments or surfing to infected sites.

I also love the things that Asus is doing with Linux. Particularly, loading it in a ROM chip on all of their motherboards. Good stuff!

Linux for me, but that's largely because I don't do any intensive gaming/multimedia work that requires Windows. The only commercial software I need is Photoshop, because (kudos to the devs and such) but GIMP jsut doesn't cut it. However, when I ran Windows in the first place, most of my programs were open-source anyways.

Back
Top Bottom