laptop hdd help?

BamaFan29891

In Runtime
hi guys, i have a dell inspiron 1720.

i was wondering how i could know if it holds an extra hard drive or not.

thanks.

Laptops only have one hdd tray, at least every one I've heard about does. That's why they are small :p

If it held an extra hdd it would have another tray in it for another one.

actually after a quick look at the specs, some of that model you were able to get 2x160gb hard drive. To know if you can hold 2 you need to find the cover that hides the drive under it and check if there are 2 slots to drop 1 into. That or give dell a call and they should be able to tell from your service number. But there were version with that model (likely the same chassis) that could hold 2 drives.

i looked and it has 2, but the problem is... it only has one caddy for a harddrive.

so i dont know.

i will check into it.

It looks like it only has the ability to connect one hard drive internally. If you're seeing two while in windows, then the drive is simply partitioned off.

The connectors for laptop hdds are inside the laptop its self. It's a long row of pins :p In order to get more than one in there it would either have just one hdd caddy, like yours, that is really thick and when you look inside of it there is one connector ontop of another.
You arn't going to be able to just push one over inside like they are AA bateries.. unless it's rigged that way, but I don't think it is...

It looks like it only has the ability to connect one hard drive internally. If you're seeing two while in windows, then the drive is simply partitioned off.

Eh...that makes me want to open my laptop up to see if I have 2 or just a partitioned HDD. My dad guarantees me that I have 2, but now you're making me doubt lol. Wait...I could just go in the BIOS to check no?

Eh...that makes me want to open my laptop up to see if I have 2 or just a partitioned HDD. My dad guarantees me that I have 2, but now you're making me doubt lol. Wait...I could just go in the BIOS to check no?

Yes you could.

Back
Top Bottom