I got pwnt

It all started when I was playing a game. I can't quite remember all the details even though it happened just now; I'm just glad I got it over with. Well...It wasn't really while I was playing a game. I was talking to DJ-Chris and he was saying how he had a lot of portable stuff. Well, I decided to get the portable Pidgin, to save space you know. Well...I went to plug in my flash drive and BSOD! Then well, I restarted...my Netgear agent ran BSOD! Restarted again...and it worked fine. So I told Chris about the BSODs. Btw, these restarts were automatically. Then I decided to test the USB port, BSOD! I got the same 3 BSODs another time when I was trying another USB port. Well, I talked to Chris and we decided that I needed to update drivers. Well, I was updating and BSOD! So, it restarts. Then it says I'm missing Intel Chipset drivers (the one is was upgrading). I was like, SHIT! So, I decided to do a system repair. Well, when I went to do it, it just reformatted my C drive. So there we go...30 minutes of reformatting (good thing I keep music and movies on D drive). Once that was done, my computer started updating some drivers...this took about 30 minutes. Then I decided to add my anti-viruses/firewalls. Well this took a little, but then came Spy-bot - Search & Destroy. After checking for all bots (1 hour of checking), I proceeded to install Firefox, Thunderbird, and the driver for my wireless adapter. I got the mozilla items installed pretty well, but the driver just wouldn't install. After my 6th try, it worked! Now comes the 100 or so Windows updates...Oh god I'm not ready. Good thing is that my USBs are working! I just need to get the link for Pidgin again...And that's my story. Hopefully I'll never have to do this again. Once, I get Pidgin on my flash-drive, I'll get some programming environments on here and voila! Nothing more. It's been a long night. Been doing this since 11 or so.

On the good news...what did you guys think of the France/Italy game? I think if Ribery hadn't gotten injured we might have had a different score. Spain is going to beat Italy though. No Pirlo no win. Portugal is going to take it all the way.

Brasil plays Argentina later this week. It's almost do or die. Brasil lost to Paraguay on the World Cup qualifiers. If we keep losing we're not qualifying! That would suck. Brasil has qualified like every World Cup!

One more thing: Is SP3 for XP out yet? I haven't gotten...and I really don't want to install these bugillion updates...

Yes, that's what I downloaded and it worked fine. It's been up for awhile now actually (the final release that is). I had tried SP3 the first time and it messed up my system though, so I went reading around and it said to install it in Safe Mode. So if you install it Joga, do it in Safe Mode just in case it wants to mess up your system so you don't have to go though a bunch of restore crap again.

It happens. That's why once you get a clean install done with important apps installed you really should make an image of the hard drive.

Well...I'm not putting games such as Warcraft III & Steam on this machine for a while. I'll just leave it like this. I doubt I'll play much this upcoming year.

Back
Top Bottom