Who uses a separate monitor with their laptop?

Most noteboks use a VGA (analog) connection, but some high end models come with HDMI (digital with sound) or DVI (digital) outputs.

Looking at your setup, you're going to be using a VGA output to connect your monitor. VGA degrades image quality to some degree, but it's hardly noticeable. I've been using two new LCD monitors hooked up to an old HP Vectra using standard dual VGA outputs and the picture quality is near par with a digital signal.

Don't use S-Video.

I personally don't use a separate screen with my laptop because they are different heights and I don't enjoy changing my view that much.

Typically, the video quality is the same, if not better on an external monitor

Depending on your laptop, it'll either have VGA (or D-Sub) or DVI, or both. DVI is the better of the two options, but not every monitor/laptop support it.

It's very rare to find a notebook with a full DVI output nowadays. It's going to be even more so when Display Port comes out.

HDTV laptop

Now I have decided to go all out. I'm currently enlisted in the military, so my living space is that of like a dorm room. I perfectly fine, since I don't have any roommates, but I want to upmark my entertainment center.

Is it safe to get a laptop with a HD TV; I'm just still burnt that my Sony Vaio doesn't display well with my 19" monitor.

I'm currently looking at a TOSHIBA 19AV500u TV, a good deal at $280. The laptop I'm looking at, a TOSHIBA Satellite A305-S6845, has HDMI output that I hear from another fellow plays DVDs better than his expensive Denon DVD player.

I'm still skeptical if I can run higher resolution onto the LCD TV, but I sure want to make sure everything will be cristal before I spend such money. This would help me clear out my ugly 20" CRT, and my two noisy and old external hard drives :)

'much appreciated guys.

Back
Top Bottom