Vista stopping all torrents from working...

fireseed

Beta member
I don't know if anyone can help with this.. but I just bought my lovely a 1600$ HP computer, which works fantastic, despite the fact that vista will not run ANY of our torrent files.
Things like Corel Painter, Flash, Photoshop, all work for awhile and then stop... The exact same files all work on the xp.
If no one can offer me help here could anyone please point me in the right direction?
It would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers.

#1 Update, Update, Update. There have been several updates to Vista since its release, and I doubt that they have been applied to your new machine.
#2 If you have anti-virus (Norton for example, which is a HUGE POS), it might be affecting your torrents. I've used computers that were preloaded with AV, and many times programs such as limewire, and torrents are completely shut off from the internet due to them.

#1 Update, Update, Update. There have been several updates to Vista since its release,

actually ppl now are heading towards "DownGrade" :)
so, my advice to u is this..
XP, XP, xP...
u said "There have been several updates to Vista since its release".. well, actually, when i tried Vista, i got an update notification each 30 min. -_-
Micro$oft lunched the Vista, before it's even finished, coz they don't want to lose more money.. business thinking..
trust me, wait like 7, 8 months, then buy a new version of Vi$ta, which should be -at least- updated enough..
and for the apps which are incompatible with Vi$ta, well, they should make a list for the "Compatible" apps, which should be much smaller list :)

P.S : GIVE US THE DAMN SOURCE CODE, AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN -_-

ummm anyone else concerned that you are helping him use software that he is clearly admitting to downloading from torrents ?

we do not discuss that here

ummm anyone else concerned that you are helping him use software that he is clearly admitting to downloading from torrents ?

we do not discuss that here
Incase you were wondering, Torrents are NOT ILLEGAL. I realize he admitted he was using it to download photoshop, however we are not offering assistance downloading illegal files, only allowing his torrent client to work.

Also, If someone asks for help about Vista, I give them help with Vista. It's stupid to ask people to simply change their OS because they are having a problem. We all have our preferences, (I use XP 64bit Pro) but I'm sick of people not giving help to people and only posting "OMG WINDOWS SUCKS USE LINUX!!!" or, "OMG VISTA SUCKS USE XP!!!"

Incase you were wondering, Torrents are NOT ILLEGAL. I realize he admitted he was using it to download photoshop, however we are not offering assistance downloading illegal files, only allowing his torrent client to work.

Also, If someone asks for help about Vista, I give them help with Vista. It's stupid to ask people to simply change their OS because they are having a problem. We all have our preferences, (I use XP 64bit Pro) but I'm sick of people not giving help to people and only posting "OMG WINDOWS SUCKS USE LINUX!!!" or, "OMG VISTA SUCKS USE XP!!!"

before you try correctin me make sure you got your facts right, he specifically says

the fact that vista will not run ANY of our torrent files.
Things like Corel Painter, Flash, Photoshop

hes saying illegally downloaded programs arent working he says nothing like his torrent client isnt working.

read before correcting me

I would reccomend just getting XP pro, or 2000 pro, 98 second ed, they should be compatible i should think.
All the above are quite cheap now, try ebuyer.com

dont help him with illegal software.
i admit mines a bit "dodgy", but i keep this kind of talk off cf.
respect the rules dude.
oh and if you cant find a good torrent of a file then you are obviously looking in crappy places ;)

Back
Top Bottom