Help!

xxtavexx

Baseband Member
Agp Gfx Help!

k, so here we go

o used to have an xfx AGP graphics card..but it would always corrupt my computer, and eventaully after one month it stopped working...burn out i guess

then

My ati radeon AGP x1300 256 mb card just went weird. It was working fine, turned my comp off, came back, and my monitor wouldn't turn on. My card gets power, fun turns on, but it doesnt give a signal to my monitor or any other monitor. so i rma'd it and they gave me a new one, SAME thing, it would currupt my system and then eventually it died out. Is this a problem with how im setting it up? or with my computer?

i have an Intel Pentium D dual core 2.66ghz, 1gb ram, and a
Asus P5P800-VM micro ATX Mainboard

I know from experience with my old rig that a X1300Pro AGP with 256 MB of VRAM needs at least a 400W PSU, and 350 might cut it if your system isn't too heavily loaded.

my powersupply is 300W..but that wouldnt casue the video card to burn out would it?

if anything, it would be undersupplied

It is definitely an odd problem.

I'm thinking either a bad motherboard or PSU. The motherboard may be the most likely culprit. Check for any bulging or leaky capacitors around the mobo. Mabye have a look at the contacts in the AGP slot.

Yeah, do what Atomic Rooster said, but look into a new PSU. You are pushing your current one to the limit with that X1300. I think you are under-supplying your GPU. I think 350W is the minimum requirement for that card.

Back
Top Bottom