Car Thread!

Best think i like about the M5 is there is still 5 doors and it works perfectly well as a familly car yet when you wanna say overtake something on the motorway its a doddle the car wont hesitate to accelerate
i remember someone i knew who owned a beamer telling me best investment he ever made the car never skipped a beat

im not too into any of the new BMW's anything before 2004 i love once they facelifted it in 04 i want to keen on the design , still nice underneath the exterior but i would want to be driving something i liked the look of for that sort of money

Yeah, that's what made the M5 such a performance benchmark. It was a full out luxury saloon with 4 doors, a big boot and had the power and handling of a roadster.

Hm, I like the E39 and that's probably one of my favorite modern day BMW's, but deep at heart I still love the E28 M5 out of all the M5's.

591c7ada.jpg

All BMW's M division did was take the E28 535i chassis and swapped in the M1 engine and modified all the handling and suspension. It wasn't especially powerful...only had 286HP tops and had a "official" 0-60 time of 6.2 seconds. But the thing I love most about the car is how sleeper it looks. Look at it! The only hint you get from that car that it's an M built car is the ///M badge on the front and the trunk lid. It's just so clean and sleeper and yet back when it was introduced in 1985 it was the world's fastest production saloon. :)

That's one of the things I'm partial to the ///M cars about. They're just so show-offy. There's side vents everywhere, a bulging hood, quad exhausts and theres literally ///M badges EVERYWHERE. Everywhere you look theres an M badge. It really started with the E46 and E39 though. Before that, all the M cars were relatively tame in terms of look.

Yet another reason why I think vintage BMW > modern BMW. :)

That right ther is one nice car!! For going in a straight line, lol. That's what I like though, put you in the back of your seat!

Anyone seen the new mustang bullit? Pretty nice looking mustang. Wish they made is with the gt500KR Super Snake engine though... only has a 4.6L with 315HP, be nice to have that 5.4L with 600HP.

That right ther is one nice car!! For going in a straight line, lol. That's what I like though, put you in the back of your seat!

Anyone seen the new mustang bullit? Pretty nice looking mustang. Wish they made is with the gt500KR Super Snake engine though... only has a 4.6L with 315HP, be nice to have that 5.4L with 600HP.

It is very nice. A fun fact, that's actually a model I have, I took a picture then rendered out the background :p It turned out pretty good. The new Camaro base model with a 3800 is speculated to put out 400hp!

a 3800 as in 3.8L? That sucks... I would not get a car like that with a puny engine like that... Even if it is strong, it is still small.

Ya, but that's just the base model they also have the top of the line model that's getting the hand me down vette engine like the Camaro's always get. I was wrong about the specs, here's from the Chevy website:

400-hp, 6.0 Liter LS2 V8 engine

Choice of automatic or manual transmission with widely spaced
ratios for aggressive acceleration

Rear-wheel drive with fully independent suspension

Lightweight 21-inch front, 22-inch rear aluminum wheels

Billet aluminum shifter and pedals

Sounds good to me!! I thought Solid Axle was better for drag cars though. Damn good thing its manuel too. Thats the challengers biggest problem... I still like the bullet the most though.

The Challenger comes in a manual too.

Solid axle is better for drag racing, while independent is better for corners. That doesn't mean it can't be fast from a dig.

Nice...I'm glad the Challenger has independent suspension. It's about time American car makers value corners as well. The only way you can gain respect is by testing on the Nurburgring baby. :) It's the benchmark for all cars.

The Challenger comes in a manual too.

Solid axle is better for drag racing, while independent is better for corners. That doesn't mean it can't be fast from a dig.
I'm almost positive the challenger only comes in auto with sport shifter. The Charger only comes in auto.

No, I think the Challenger R/T and SRT come in manual as well. I know the base SE model is auto only.

Back
Top Bottom