Linux or Windows for real!

coder538

BSOD
This thread can only be answered by those who have operated both Linux and Windows. Which do you think is better. I want to know so I can have the best operating system out! :D

Please help me out!

I really need to know!

Linux all the way. You can do anything that windows can do, and then some. Plus it is free. You can't beat that.

Cheers!

Linux all the way. You can do anything that windows can do, and then some. Plus it is free. You can't beat that.

Cheers!

I have to disagree with that statement as gaming on linux is a joke. They don't write modern computer games to run on linux. Even linux people agree with that. For basic office and computer use it's fine. I perfer Windows though.

windows definitely for me....gaming on Linux just isn't possible...for office use then be my guest...windows is better tho...by far :)

Yes windows is better for gaming, but there is soo much more to do with a computer then just play games. Plus you can always use a program like WINE or Crossover, to play games.

i used to only use windows so i could play cod4, oblivion etc. but i just found this Cedega program and now i can play all of those games on ubuntu!!

ubuntu 4 lyfe

i voted Linux..
Micro$oft sux :)
if we r talking about gaming, then neither windows/linux, is good enough, get urself a xBox, or PS3.. for gaming..
but for a Computer.. Linux
Micro$oft has 380+ developers and programmers, i respect them, they do a great job.. but, Linux has more than 10 million Programmer/Developer working on it -since its an Open Source-, so i think those 10 mil. are Much much better than 380 !! right?
to be honest, i think if Windows became an Open source.. Linux will become history.. Windows + Open Source >>> the perfect O.S ever..
but, ofc for Mr. Bill Gate$, making Windows an Opens Source, will mean much less $$$.. so it won't happen -at least not in our time-..

so.. my advice..
- For Gaming - get a game a console
- For Normal Work Office/Home - Linux
- For More Professional Work (Programming, Image Processing) - Linux + AMD Processor..

windows.
linux would be great if it was more main stream. no one wants to mess about installing wine and using terminal .. well unless your a g33k :p
i just find windows get the job done, even with its flaws

Windows.
Linux I found hard to use as if you ever want to install something you have to do it by command line. And I have only used linux for about 6 moths then gave up on it and then went back to nice, nice windows:D

I have both... and use both frequently.

I have never been able to run games as well on Linux as Windows, so I keep my bulky Windows desktop for games, plus whenever I need to test something that might crash my system (since it crashes like 10 times a day anyway).

I use Linux for everything else-programming, typing, IM, email...

They both have their ups and downs.

However, the reason I like Linux so much is because almost anything can be tweaked by editing a text file somewhere. I love that.

-civis

Back
Top Bottom