Latest Version Of VB

muz

Golden Master
Well ive used a few forums now running the latest version of VB(3.71) and to me they seem to run a lot smoother they could just be down to other things such as frequency of maintenance and size of database etc
but it also has loads more features that would be really good for the community here
and from what i gathered from one of the mods comments the other day it is also a lot easier on the moderators as they can delete all posts by a member with one click which would be good when ou get spammers as the mods dont have to search out each ost and delete it manually

Its up to David in the end but i think it would be great for this forum freshen it up a bit and maybe attract some new members

I have researched into this, I see no reason not to upgrade as well. It's a major version change.

cant say any more than that ^
need convincing, then just look how good the last upgrade was for us

its not just that i have been noticing a reappearnce of white page errors again recently which i dunno if the forum could take another episode of them like last time
not saying the soloution to the white page errors is an update im sure it sosmething fixable but an update would always be nice and kill two birds with one stone

the new update to 3.7 is pretty sweet, your profile is a lot more diffrent and looks better, i would say get the update! :)

White pages are a little weird on this forum. One week, we might have one or two, some weeks there's one every few hours.

I think an upgrade might help this problem, and if not eliminate white screens, make them easier to fix.

Doesn't David get one year of free updates as well since he upgraded last?

well i dunno if it would help at all in the white screens department however forums i have used that run it do run a lot smoother and there are so many more options and features to play around with
although with it being a major version change there would prolly have to be a lot of downtime during installation as there would be loads to configure

Back
Top Bottom