Random Chit Chat #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean live messenger. on both my pc's i can sign in but cant talk to anyone, and its acting wierd

sent to me in an email and not had a chance to try it out yet but coll nonetheless:

Things You Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do

For all the folks with cell phones. (This should be printed and kept in your car, purse, and wallet. Good information to have with you.)

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave
emergencies.

Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST
Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find Yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an Emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to Establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly, this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND
Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys In the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot From your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Editor's Note
:
It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!'

THIRD
Hidden Battery Power

Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys
*3370#. Your cell phone will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell phone next time.

FOURTH
How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following Digits on your phone: *#06#. A 15-digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe.

If your phone gets stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

And Finally.

FIFTH
Free Directory Service for Cells

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial:
(800)FREE411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.

2 how the hell does that work explain the electronics/physics behind it and im convinced otherwise i dont think that could possibly work

as for 3 i just tried it now cos my mobile was low and it didnt work so i went and plugged it in the wall

2, i'm convinced doesn't work...

it simply can't, inside the keyfob that unlocks your car is a transmitter, that transmits a set code on a set freuquency to make the car unlock.

your car does not knkow it's your phone, and wouldn't unlock just because you unlocked yours phone keys either... -it's BS.

3, is also BS. aside from anything else all *special* codes start *#[number]#

3 used to work on the old nokias (apparently). cant say i noticed much difference when i tried it years ago.

as for the car thing, ive heard about that to, but not sure if its true

Number 3 Not working on my phone,But that led me to some research

And for sony Erricson users: (these are tried and tested by me,i have a k800i)

IMEI Number: *#06#
Lockstatus: <- * * <-
Shortcut to last dialed numbers: 0#
Default Language: < 0 0 0 0 >

Two and three are false.

Number two is definately false, number three is somewhat true. It doesn't really unlock some hidden power reserve, all it does for certain phones like Nokia is lower the earpiece sound quality and put the phone into a special power save mode to reduce power usage.

So at college i do electronics as one of my subjects and in the UK we have what is called A levels which is basically 2 years , firrst year is AS second year is A2 and we have just done all of our AS eams and so most subjects are giving is introductiuons and A2 work but in electronics we are revising over As because we use a lot of AS stuff in our A2 work and so we where building a simple timing circuit with an op amp follower on the output to make a low resistance moving coild voltmeter better , in basic terms we where building a buffer

So in electronics we work in 2's and usually one of us builds the circuit and the other person will check it over so anyway my partner built this circuit and i checked it over but because i was busy catching up on last lessons work i didnt check it fully and i knew he was pretty competent anyway so i just told him to plug it in and we could start testing it , so anyway he plugs it in and starts charging up the capacitor or so we thought until bout 15 seconds later when all of a sudden i hear this almighty pop so we both jump backwards apparently i looked so scared then we turn the power off and see what happened and the capacitor in the circuit had popped , we didnt knwo why all i can think is my partner put it in the wrong way round as it was an electrolytic cpacitor and cos ididnt check it properly i didnt catch it ,
luckily our teacher believed us otherwise we would have been in a load of crap cos that was pretty dangerous

how was everyone elses day ?

Mine was pretty good.

Started off rather lazy, I had agreed a few days ago to help my neighbor wash our departments new fire truck for a car wash fund raiser we are having this weekend. My little brother Luke rode with me and we no sooner got there and had the truck pulled out to wash than we get paged out to a grass fire.

My neighbor got in the new truck (which is a automatic) and I ran and jumped in our departments brush truck (which is a older late model stick shift dodge we have on loan from the air force) the truck is kind of a piece of crap but thankfully it decided to crank on the second try (it usually takes 4-5) so me and my bro take off...rattling and bouncing all the way. The truck (which we have lovingly named Clank) drives fine in 1st and 2nd gear, but it doesn't like shifting into 3rd, 4th and 5th gear, or shifting back into 2nd. We clanked, sputtered and roared up the road with our single dome light (which looks oddly like the spinning light on the cop car in the Andy Griffith show) and our annoying siren which I swear at times sounds like it's saying *JEW JEW JEW* running full blast up the mountain to where 911 reported the fire being...turns out a logging crew is logging there and the lady who called it in couldn't see the equipment from the road but saw their exhaust smoke while they were logging and called it in as a fire.

After that, we got the truck washed and I came home and chilled for awhile before going to eat at one of my favorite local restraunts which is closing its doors friday:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom