Gtx200 Its Here!!!

Hey, I was first!

Do you guys think its wise for me to do a step up from 9800GTX to 280GTX? Do you guys think that the 280GTX will stay on top for a wile like the 8800GTX once did?

No. It's not even on top. The GX2 is faster.

that was FAST - the 9-series had a VERY VERY Short run...wow lol

its about time though, such little power shouldnt' be so expensive (9800GTX/GX2), the GTX 280 really puts it all in its place - and now we get what we SHOULD GET for what pay for, finally.

its about time though, such little power shouldnt' be so expensive (9800GTX/GX2), the GTX 280 really puts it all in its place - and now we get what we SHOULD GET for what pay for, finally.

I have to explain this. GT200 will be a failed architecture until they shrink it to a smaller process. The 9800GX2 which is based on the 18 month old G80, is faster than this monolithic, power sucking, hot and rather uninnovative chip. A single GTX 280 consumes more than the dual chip GX2, whilst being slower!! And that's not the worst, because of the crappy yields high production cost, we consumers are paying for it. $650!! That's $200 more than the GX2 can be bought for, which I will repeat again, is faster than this card, consumes less power, and is based on an 18 month old architecture.

Nvidia cocked up this time.

Off-topic, but I have to say it:

EVGA GeForce GTX 280 FTW

FTW is the cards name.... HAHAHAHA, that is awesome.

And for 700 bucks, it better be FTW :)

Back
Top Bottom