need help ASAP get good rep here

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
Ok, guys i need help help and help.

Along time ago I install Ubuntu which is ='nt my kind of os, so i used my vista, now i deleted linux via vista, as in a deleted the chunk of space linux was on threw vista, and when i restarted my laptop, i get a grub loading error 22 , which means its trying to locate linux but can't because of the MBR, i need to clear the MBR, how on earth can I do this to get back in vista? I have so much of tv seasons on my laptop and I swear its took me months to get all these series and im freakin gonner throw this laptop out the window.

plz help anyone understand?

is their any way to clear / fix MBR instead of using vista/linux disks?

you are correct in the assumption that your MBR is pointing to the /boot partition that grub used to live on.

with XP you should be able to put in the disk boot as if you were installing windows again.
select repair with recovery console and type fixboot.

you should be able to do the same kind of thing with vista, though i don't have experiance of this in Vista.

I can fix the MBR myself with a vista disk, you see the thing is, im away from home with no vista disks, thought I could maybe download something, i gusse noe, thnx anyways guys.

back home, fixed it hehe thnx

Back
Top Bottom