Windows server 2003 activation help

danagol1990

Baseband Member
I am trying to activate my windows server 2003 enterprise edition over the web. I am prompted that i only have 3 days left to activate, and do i want to activate now? - i click yes, but nothing happens.
I try from the start menu, but nothing happens either. is there a way i can force the activation program to work? otherwise i do not know what will happen after the 3 day period left.

if server is like xp then it will lock you out at the login screen. There should be a shortcut to it under All Programs, look near the windows update shortcut. Otherwise you need to call microsoft and have them activate it for you over the phone.

If it stops me from logging on, will it halt the file sharing process?
Not being able to log on is not much of a deal to me, as i have used it for abou8t an hour in the 30 or so days it has been on.
If it still shares files, and allows access there is no need for me to go through the trouble of activating it.

if your not logged in you can't run any programs including file sharing and without activation your computer will become pretty useless.
ring up microsoft and activate it over the phone.

If you have trouble activating it and the activation period does end, you could install Ubuntu Server, although I believe that it is strictly command line but you can (i think) run "sudo apt-get ubuntu-desktop" or something for a UI.

Something strange is happening: the period has expired now, and it should have locked the computer at 00:00 last night, however nothing seems to have changed...
Im going to copy documents to each local machine just incase.
Could it be that it wont let me log in next time? if so i would say i have about another few months of use before i have to activate it. (i REALLY dont like phoning microsoft, takes too long, and not a good customer service).

lhamil64:
I would use ubuntu, however i am only acceptable at windows command line, and i have only used linux for about an hour before!

OK, after being logged on for about one week after the activation period expired i had to restart.
Now i can not log on.
I click "Yes" to "Do you want to activate windows now?", however nothing happens...
I just get loged off
If i click No, i will get logged off aswell.
If i click cancel the machine is shut down

It seems as if the activation program does not exist or something :/

Any help is well appreciated. Many thanks,
Dan

OK, i have re-installed the OS, and all is well for another 30 days.
I tried to activate it, but apparently the serial is already in use? it was uninstalled from my friends computer who i brought it off, but ill just have to not log off or re-install every so often.
Not the best solution, but it works
Thanks for help everyone!

it doesnt matter if your friend got rid of server 03. he still used the key. simple as that. sucks for you. either use an illlegal crack or just keep reinstalling (or buy it or something). no free legal solutions :(

oh and sorry to be a pain, but your sig is 6 lines (7 with the space). the limit is 5 :p

Back
Top Bottom