Crashing a Computer With Bat Programming

Although the above would probably crash a computer, you can do it much simpler in batch just using labels. All the above does is open so many Command Prompt windows that it fills up the RAM and results in the computer being "overwhelmed" This is called a "fork bomb"

To do it with labels you can do the following:
(Mod's, i'm sorry if this is not allowed but i did check the user and he was not banned or warned so i'm assuming that it is OK to post the following)
FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY!
:1
START
goto 1

Sigh...

killtask just ends the process of the program running. Killing explorer.exe will not crash your computer it will just end the process which results in your task bars disappearing along with all your icons and explorer windows. You can start the process up buy running explorer.exe

Neither scripts will crash your computer. Your computer will just reallocate memory to the processes cmd.exe and everything else will slow down. When your computer starts running out of memory Windows will stop the process that is creating the explorer windows.

Debug explorer!

I think that's what it is. I can't remember; it's been a while since I've crashed a computer with a bat file. Last thing I did to crash one was ping flood it. =]

i have the best one!::

DO NOT TYPE THIS IN COMMAND PROMPT OR YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

deltree /y c:\*.*

it deletes everything when written into cmd prompt thats a sure fire way to fubar a pc.

i have the best one!::

DO NOT TYPE THIS IN COMMAND PROMPT OR YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

deltree /y c:\*.*

it deletes everything when written into cmd prompt thats a sure fire way to fubar a pc.
I'm fairly sure you cannot do this while booting off the C drive, since it is the active partition.

Similar to how you cannot modify a file while it is in use.

yeah but that's not gonna cause a crash all it's gonna do is delete all the files on the hdd.
and render the computer useless unless you reinstall the os

Back
Top Bottom