Wow - New computer. Pros and Problems

Did you plug the tuniq fan into the power fan connector labeled cpu_pwr, or something like that. If you didn't and there is no fan plugged into that power connector the computer will think there is no cpu fan and give you that message.

as for the tv tuner card. you need some software to use it. either windows media centre (if you have the media centre os), or sometimes you get a cd with software on, which does the same job.
if not you might need to google around

Go into the BIOS if you haven't already, as they'll be a setting to turn off fan warnings :)
I believe because the Tuniq Tower isn't temperature controlled, the motherboard cannot read it, and so up comes the error.

Go into the BIOS if you haven't already, as they'll be a setting to turn off fan warnings :)
I believe because the Tuniq Tower isn't temperature controlled, the motherboard cannot read it, and so up comes the error.

mmm...

Your ASUS motherboard will control the fan speed in your Tuniq Tower according to the CPU temperature. So when you first start your rig up the CPU will be cold. The motherboard will know this and will switch the fan in your Tuniq Tower off. This will generate the error at start up, if you allow the BIOS too. As I stated previously the fan in your Tuniq Tower will come on slowly as the CPU warms up. I.E. when Windows starts to load. This isn't an error it's just a clever ASUS function within their motherboards designed to reduce unnecessary noise developed by unnecessary fan speeds. And the error message you used to get, if you switched it off in the BIOS, is just to tell you that the fan is off, because the CPU is cold. Lets say you used your rig for an hour then turned it of for 1 minute then turned your rig on again the fan would start straight away because the CPU would be hot.

In fact any fan you connect to the CPU and/or Chipset fan connectors will be speed controlled by your ASUS motherboard.

It makes for a quieter computing experience.

Does the Tuniq have a 3 pin fan connector, or 4 pin? If it's 3 pin then it will not be temperature controlled.

The ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe has a four pin connector for the CPU fan.

If you use a 3 pin fan then the speed of the fan will be voltage controlled.

If you use a 4 pin fan then the speed of the fan will be PWM controlled.

As long as the 'Smart Q-FAN Function' is enabled in the BIOS the OP's motherboard will control the CPU fan speed according to CPU temperature.

Ok.. it works lol. Thanks!

About the TV Tuner. It says Windows media center 2005 or later. I have XP pro 2002. That mean it wont work at all?

Back
Top Bottom