socket am2, what series? mobo to cpu compat.

amp27

Daemon Poster
i am getting this mobo for a build and it takes socket am2 and the series of athlon 64x2, athlon 64 fx, and athlon 63 and sempron.

will this single core cpu work even know it is athlon 64 LE

also the hpyer trasnport on my socket is 1000Mhz.....the single cores are 800 and the dauls are 2000.

would this daul core be bottel necked to only haft its perfromence at 1000Mhz?????

i have already been pushed to daul core and that what i want but if my mobo bottlenecks it to much i have to think about it.

thanks for any help

You should get the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+, It will work perfectly on the Biostar motherboard. Hypertransport runs at a double data rate connection. That means that if the motherboard is supplying 1000MHz, the CPU will be effectively running at 2000MHZ.

so its perfect? why does the board say 1000 then? or is it the daul part(1000x2)= 2000 right???? it that is true then sweet i am getting a daul core.

so if i got a qaud(which i cant) would the .........never mind so it is like this 1000Mhz/per core. neat'o. i ran into another problem though. see other thread. this thread is done

Back
Top Bottom