Could it get any worse? New Build. Again.

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Wow.. great news! My ram, video card, CD drive, and TV tuner came in!!

I put the ram in, then I started on the video card! Took it out of the box, cleared some cables and tried sticking it in.. but wait, it wouldn't fit?

The PCI slots on the Mother board are not aligned with the case. The Mother board needs to go up some. The reason I didn't catch this is because the mother board has 6 pci slots and the case has seven. So it looked like the were aligned.. and I never really looked :D

So what do I do? Reading the manual a long time ago I saw that you can take the back panel out and "replace it with the one that came with the mother board." But one didn't come with the mother board :p I don't know what they're talking about. I'll go read again.

I read. It was the case instructions. It said if the I/O plate (or panel or something) didn't fit, replace it with the one the mobo came with.

What do I do? I already took the mother board out tons of times for everything else.. this time do I have to ship back the case? :p

Pissing me off....

unless you fancy a custom job shipping back the case would be your only option , i think when they say back plate that came with the mobom they prolly meant the i/o shield
what case have you got?

The slot openings are slightly offset on the case to match the offset of the cards. When you set the card just on top of the PCIe slot, does the mounting flange line up with the case opening?

The I/O plate is the one that goes over the connections mounted on the back of the board such as the USB slots, mouse and keyboard ports, sound ports, etc. If you look at the pics of your mobo on Newegg, it is in the last pic in between the box and the manual/CD.

if it said i/o plate or panel etc then it isnt the bit with the PCI holes on

cant see why there are alignment problems cos the mobo and case are both from decent manufacturers so shouldnt be any issue there and both are ATX , only think i can think is to return it and select another case

also have you tried googling your problem to see if anyone has simillar problems

I got it. I tried the Video Card only in the first port. I tried it in the other blue one, I believe the fourth one, and it worked. Then I put the tuner in the regular PCI slot and it worked... So it's all good now. I have this tuniQ fan nob.. makes the fan go faster or slower. It goes in a slot but does not require the PCI thing.

Now I have another problem on boot up, but I will start that later. I'm on the computer now.. and it's kicken it!

wait, snap ya motherbored abit, then fit it in the tower.

no don't do that, please.

lol
THat reminds me of the dude a while back who took a saw to his vid card so it would fit in the pci slot or something like that

Coud you take some pics showing how the video card does not line up with the case slots when in the first three PCI-E ports.

Yeah, I don't know. I'm done with it :D I put the tuniQ tower in there somewhere. The little fan thingy...

Back
Top Bottom