Putting a faster HD in ps3

Thanks for actually helping me instead of criticizing my question.

Now do you think i could put in a 10,000 rpm drive? or would that create too much heat in the ps3?
Yeah, but remember it has to be a 2.5" (laptop size) hard drive. It would be very expensive and hard to find a 10,000RPM laptop hard drive.

From what I've read it specify's you don't want to put a 7200rpm drive in there. The only drives they recommend are 2.5" 5400Rpm drives. Going with a faster drive could screw up your system.

But by all means try it out and report back. 7200Rpm's can be found much cheaper than the larger 5400Rpm drives.

Why in the world would they put a 5400 rpm laptop drive in the ps3??? It's not like they don't have room to put a regular 3.5in drive in.....it's a huge console....

I'm sure there is a way you can put a regular 3.5in drive in it. And if so, you'll have choices out the ass on how much storage you want and how much you want to pay. Someone will figure out how to do it.

why on earth would you put a bigger harddrive in a ps3 when you can save all the costs.

EASY EXPLINATION, get your ps3 up and running and your pc, now you need wireless for your pc, if you have THEN WOOOO, get windows media 11, turn your firewall off, go into media 11 click the little arrow under libary, click media sharing, click find media or tick and click ok, click unknown devices click ok, boom go on your ps3 go to video and look, your pc is their.

now to put films in well, stop media sharing now, go onto media 11 again, and add films then start media sharing again.

does this solve all your problems?

why on earth would you put a bigger harddrive in a ps3 when you can save all the costs.

EASY EXPLINATION, get your ps3 up and running and your pc, now you need wireless for your pc, if you have THEN WOOOO, get windows media 11, turn your firewall off, go into media 11 click the little arrow under libary, click media sharing, click find media or tick and click ok, click unknown devices click ok, boom go on your ps3 go to video and look, your pc is their.

now to put films in well, stop media sharing now, go onto media 11 again, and add films then start media sharing again.

does this solve all your problems?

What happends if you were to go over a friends place?

Back
Top Bottom